5 replies to this topic

#1 thecaramelcamel

thecaramelcamel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:08 PM

Went outside to shoot my mk23 today and it was working fine until I would pull the trigger the hammer would strike part #50 and the gas and bb would exit the gun but it seamed like it didn't hit hard enough to make the gun completely cycle. After closely examining the gun, part #50 and #80 fell out of the slid of the gun. Just wondering how to put both peaces back into the gun and somehow tighten it so the peaces no longer fall out.

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,547 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:15 PM

If you are sure it is the firing pin (#50) and main seal base (#80), I would send the gun in for repair through the Help Desk.

#3 thecaramelcamel

thecaramelcamel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 12:44 AM

In my manual it says part #80 is the firing pin spring................. I would ratter not have to ship my gun back to kwa but if you think that putting the peaces back into the gun would be too complicated for me (I'm not too experienced in taking a gbb slide apart) then ill send it in.

Edited by thecaramelcamel, 15 January 2012 - 12:46 AM.

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,547 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 15 January 2012 - 08:59 AM

Sorry, my bad, it was late...Yes it is the firing pin spring.  The fact that they came out would indicate to me a parts failure. If you want to try to repair it yourself that is entirely up to you and your comfort level with the gun.  But it could pop out again.  If you take the gun apart the warranty will be voided.  At this point, assuming you have not done so, then the warranty should be intact so long as the gun was purchased from an official KWA reseller and it is within the 45 day window.

#5 thecaramelcamel

thecaramelcamel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 12:51 AM

Hey sorry to bother you again gut guess what? I fixed my gun!! Turns out it was an easy fix. I decided to tinker around with my gun today for the last time before I shipped it of to get repaired and I noticed that the rear sight(part#13) was loose so I tightened it and guess what ?! The firing pin (part#50) got locked into place. It all makes sense because it all happened when I adjusted the rear sight.

#6 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,547 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 09:02 AM

Glad to hear all is resolved.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users