• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,654 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 17 January 2012 - 02:21 PM

I highly doubt you will see conversion kits but that's just a guess. For those looking forward to an Auto ATP I'm glad you are are pleased.

#22 j44

j44

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 02:35 PM

I hope it will be possible to drop the new slide in to my OG ATP.

#23 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,882 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 18 January 2012 - 02:49 PM

View Postransackedsnake7, on 17 January 2012 - 01:58 PM, said:

i hope they sell conversion kits
I doubt it.

#24 herryer223

herryer223

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:airsoft and kwa

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:26 PM

any dates yet on the atp auto

#25 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,654 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:39 AM

Not yet.  There are other products that are scheduled to launch before it.

#26 KWA057

KWA057

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:48 PM

Why are people saying this new ATP auto is exactly like the kwa/ksc g18c where it failed multiple times and has many faults? Is this true and I heard the street price lowered to 135 according to kwacentral on YouTube.
People are assumig the latch that allows the fire selector to change from semi to auto will give a lot of problems and will break fast.
Should I take in consideration of all these remarks or ignore it for being just assumptions and rumors?

#27 greatwatermelon

greatwatermelon

I Break GUNS!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:38 AM

View PostKWA057, on 21 February 2012 - 09:48 PM, said:

Why are people saying this new ATP auto is exactly like the kwa/ksc g18c where it failed multiple times and has many faults? Is this true and I heard the street price lowered to 135 according to kwacentral on YouTube.
People are assumig the latch that allows the fire selector to change from semi to auto will give a lot of problems and will break fast.
Should I take in consideration of all these remarks or ignore it for being just assumptions and rumors?

Sorry. The price is actually marked at $150, not $135. As for the fire selector, I haven't seen that problem myself with my kwa m23f and my friend's m18c, however that is just two... out of thousands, so I cannot say I have a definite picture.

Now, if you google any popular brand airsoft gun, you are bound to find several threads on something broken about it... On top of the observation. KWA is very open to providing services and customer support for their products, which contributes ever so more, to the threads talking about their issues and problems. Frankly, I wouldn't be too concerned with it if I were you.

#28 Paul202

Paul202

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:57 PM

The KWA M18C doesn't have a couple threads about it failing, it had hundreds. At some time in its life, almost every KWA M18C develops problems. One of the main problems is that the trigger sear wears down, so the gun will only shoot full auto. Also, the button that holds the magazine in place will eventually wear down, causing no blowback due to insufficient contact between the upper slide and the part of the magazine that releases gas. I hope KWA has rectified this problem with the ATP-Auto, because it would bring joy to many M18C owners who need parts.

#29 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,882 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:59 PM

Hundreds of problems reported out of how many sold in the US?

#30 Paul202

Paul202

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:26 PM

I don't know  how many we're sold in the US, but you can just go on any popular airsoft forum and see for yourself. I just went to Airsoft Fourm and typed in "KSA M18C problems". There were about 12,500 results. KWA make some of the most reliable GBB's on the market, but the KWA M18C unfortunately wasn't one of them. The design was unreliable, and it almost always resulted in something going wrong. Think about it this way; how many stories have you heard of someones M18C still functioning how it was designed to after many years?

Edited by Paul202, 24 February 2012 - 07:28 PM.

#31 buckshotbishop

buckshotbishop

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Interests:standup paddle boarding
    skimboarding
    military gunsmithing
    manga and anime

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:24 PM

have had my m18 for years(it might be a first production run) probably put 60,000 rounds threw it and it still works with all the original parts. oh and I abused the crap out of that thing

Edited by buckshotbishop, 25 February 2012 - 04:27 PM.

#32 Paul202

Paul202

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:57 PM

View Postbuckshotbishop, on 25 February 2012 - 04:24 PM, said:

have had my m18 for years(it might be a first production run) probably put 60,000 rounds threw it and it still works with all the original parts. oh and I abused the crap out of that thing
Well, I didn't say that there were no exceptions, just that the design is known to fail in many cases. You are just one lucky guy.

#33 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,654 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:03 PM

The ATP Auto is significantly different from the M18C that the issues you are concerned about should be resolved.  That said, proof is in the use of the new gun so stay tuned to this Forum for feedback.  Any issues that arise will be covered then.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users