#1 philsaudio

philsaudio

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Interests:Playing Bass, Grandkids, camping

Posted 09 January 2012 - 03:25 PM

When I put the mag into the gun when does the release valve operate?

1) Upon putting the Mag into the gun thus charging the chamber with propane flowing out of the rubber gasket to the top of the slide waiting to be released when  the hammer hits (#6), or

2) does the hammer hit the valve in the magazine when I pull the trigger sending gas up into the slide?

If one is the way it works would the gas leak out of a magazine left in the gun faster than if it were removed?

Is there any kind of animation of this?

Thanks

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,654 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 09 January 2012 - 03:35 PM

The valve is operated by the impact block part #18.  When the hammer is released the impact block moves forward, strikes the valve and releases the gas in the mag. Part #6, the jet nozzle, AKA the flute valve, AKA the rocket valve, regulates the amount of gas over time through the cylinder.

#3 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,882 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 09 January 2012 - 06:10 PM

When trigger is pulled the hammer is release causing the impact block snap forward and hit the release valve. Then as the gas is released and the slide moves back the hammer is reset along with the impact block. This all happens in an instant so the impact block does not leave the release valve open for long.
And I think this is where the problem was with the gas venting when the impact block does not completely disengage off of the release valve. So this is where a little silicone oil can really help around that area to lubricate the parts when new.

#4 philsaudio

philsaudio

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:55 AM

From the responses it appears the gas stays in the mag until the impact block hits the release valve, so I presume that it is okay to leave the mag in the gun when not using the gun, so far as leaking gas is concerned.

Thanks everyone.

#5 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,882 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 11 January 2012 - 08:34 PM

I make it a habit to discharge all the gas from a mag when not in use. If it did leak it can cause a fire safety issue.
Besides with my 7 year old son running around the house, I make sure all source of airsoft power like gas and batteries are safely out of his reach.

#6 philsaudio

philsaudio

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:12 AM

Sounds like a safe way to go. i have grandkids running about and boys are especially attracted to grandpa's BB guns.

#7 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,882 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:01 AM

Especially when your grandpa looks like Hannibal from the A-Team! ;)

#8 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,654 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:25 AM

Hey the grand kids may be like Mr T.  "I PITY THE FOOL!!!!"

#9 philsaudio

philsaudio

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 07:03 AM

My wife used to work in the same building in Westwood CA where Mr. T had his office. She got all sorts of signed posters from his secretary. They were all addressed to "Sucker".

#10 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,882 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 09:52 AM

Shouldn't it be "Sucka?"  lol

#11 philsaudio

philsaudio

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:32 AM

Yeah.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: theory, magazine, trigger, operation, action

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users