9 replies to this topic

#1 mochipwr1231

mochipwr1231

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:35 PM

If the Blackhawk website says that the M9 Serpa holster will fit either the M9 Std or A1 does this mean that it will fit the M9 PTP Tactical since the M9A1 is the updated and railed version of the standard M9?

#2 Dirt Bag

Dirt Bag

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:33 PM

I've been there and bought that. It doesn't fit the railed version... at least not as of last year. I opted for a safariland 6004 holster.  Works great for me.

#3 mochipwr1231

mochipwr1231

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 06:12 PM

what model holster did u pick up from safariland?

#4 Dirt Bag

Dirt Bag

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 01:50 AM

I got mine used on eBay. I think it's a 6004. I'll check it to see if it's got any other info or reference numbers on the holster. It may be hard to figure out since I don't have the packaging.

You could probably contact safariland via email or phone to confirm. Ask which leg drop holster will fit a railed m9 without any attachments on it.  All I can say for certain is that they made a holster that will work.

#5 mannyp

mannyp

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:16 AM

I just bought a kwa ppt tactical and I bought me a SERPa holster and if fit blackhawk just came out with a new model that fits m9a1 lots of place don't carry them yet but I got my on eBay Seller is apexcivic item # is 221000882133 but might be out of stock but it fix in there like a dream

#6 apexle

apexle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:57 PM

I tried the blackhawk serpa 430504CT-R model for my M9 ptp tactical and it does not fit the holster as the rails under the barrel get in the way... now I have to either sand it down or return it to the seller.

#7 Huntsman82

Huntsman82

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Rock Climbing, RS Shooting and Tactics Courses

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:51 AM

Yep. I had to dremel slots on each side of the holster to allow room for the rail. It was easy to do and the holster still had the same retention.

#8 apexle

apexle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:30 AM

Yeah I was looking at where it was not fitting and it looks like a little bit of the rail on each side that is not fitting... as long as I can shave/dremel down a slit down each side it should fit all the way through.  Thanks for letting me know what you did, I was thinking about heating it up but I think that would make it super wide.

#9 Huntsman82

Huntsman82

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Rock Climbing, RS Shooting and Tactics Courses

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:41 PM

Yea just dremel out a panel on each side and your good to go.

#10 mannyp

mannyp

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:18 AM

I don't know but I got mine from that seller and it if perfect for mine and it a ptp tactical I even call black hawk to confirm that the have a model that fits that model or the real steel version

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users