5 replies to this topic

#1 DocMayhem

DocMayhem

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 05:43 PM

It seems I just can't win with the GBB pistols.  I am in the process of sending back a KWA ATP and am having trouble with the M1911 Mark II I just bought.  So I had a second ATP on back order, to go with the one I bought my son, but changed the ordered to a tan M1911 Mark II PTP.  Filled the magazine and test fired it in the basement and it worked.  It got better after a few magazines and was running great, then after about 3 magazines, the hammer wouldn't reliably drop.  If I cock the hammer manually without racking the slide, the trigger functions and drops the hammer, but when one racks the slide to fire the weapon, I can feel the trigger is locked up and one has to pull the trigger 2-3 times and then the hammer goes.  Cock the hammer without moving the slide and it works, rack the slide and it doesn't work.  Even if I cock the hammer manually and then rack the slide, trigger doesn't work.  Is there something I am missing, or do I need to make out a ticket for this one too?  I have alot of 1911 experience so I am aware of the grip safety and single action functioning etc.

As a side note the KM4A1, I also bought, to go with my KM4 CQB and my son's DEVGRU, is awesome and runs like a top, just like the other KM4's I own.  I have to say the 1911 was great when it worked and I really want to get it running reliably.

#2 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,880 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:13 PM

I have the same pistol and have not experienced your problem.  Do you notice anything different about the position of the hammer when you manually cock it back vs racking the slide back to cock it?
Have you field stripped it yet?

#3 DocMayhem

DocMayhem

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:29 PM

I see nothing different.  I have field stripped it and see nothing obvious.  I am at a total loss.

#4 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,880 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:01 PM

Then I would recommend sending it in to KWA. May be an issue with a trigger mechanism.

#5 jdmathew

jdmathew

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:24 PM

I am having the same issue. Fire pin is not the culprit. I can see one of the three internal firing components has to be pushed by the trigger several times to wiggle it into position. I've tried oiling it. Still takes about 3 triggers to fire each round. Hheelllpppp!

#6 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,604 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:31 AM

And when it does fire do you have to pull the trigger a little hard?  And it feels like it just barely fires at the very end of the trigger squeeze?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users