Does Not Rack Open, Bb Not Chambered Vents

ATP Problems misses shot magazine vents does not rack not smooth recoil spring rough

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 philsaudio

philsaudio

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Interests:Playing Bass, Grandkids, camping

Posted 03 January 2012 - 02:51 PM

Hi everyone:
The ATP is my first airsoft gun.

My five day in store warranty is over tomorrow and I am wondering if anyone out there can help me figure out if my ATP is working correctly.

Wont Rack Open on Empty ------     when the clip is out of BB’s the ATP does not rack open, I can keep firing. It locks open if I pull it back, but the blowback seems to be insufficient to rack it when the clip is empty.
When I rack it by hand there is a little hesitation right when the barrel drops , around half way back. The slide spring (64) is not really smooth even though I put a little of the oil on it.
Should it be really smooth when I rack it.

Sometimes misses a shot. ---------Gun cycles no BB fires.------  when I fire no BB is in the chamber, although there are still BBs in the clip. Misses a shot then the next one works, sometimes just blows all the gas from the clip. This happens with both of my clips and seems to have nothing to do with if the BBs are evenly loaded into two rows or sloppily loaded.

I am shooting .20 golden ball bio, .25 regular golden ball and using King Arms Softair gas.

#2 slips73

slips73

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 04:25 PM

im having the exact same problem do you have any idea what is wrong?

#3 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,881 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:16 AM

Try oiling the hammer assembly and work it in by moving the parts. And your spring is new so can be a bit stiff but over time it will soften up a bit.
I think that the impact block is. Of hitting the release valve hard enough and may just need a little oiling until the parts start to operate smoothly with use.

#4 slips73

slips73

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:00 PM

i had the same problem but seemed to fix it by drying out the bucking and cleaning all the oil off every part and re oiling certain ones and working the oil into the parts...also by warming the magazines now it functions flawlessly

#5 ransackedsnake7

ransackedsnake7

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:50 PM

i had problems similar to this (another ATP problem thread) i fixed this problem by replacing the hop up bucking

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users