MP7 Charging Handle Doesn't Function Right...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Hollywood

Hollywood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 06:48 AM

Ok this is the best I can do to explain...I just got a KWA mp7 and the charging handle doesn't function right. I load a full mag, pull the charging handle back and let it go, then it won't load a bb or set the trigger. it works like it should with no mag in but obviously this is useless. To get it to work, I have to pull the charging handle, then push the charging handle back in (it wont go in when released if the mag is in), put the mag in, the hit the bolt catch. This is very annoying to me, please help! Am I doing something wrong? Also it is the long type mags...and I load them all the way but did try to take some out and it seemed to still not work correctly...

Thanks ahead of time.

#2 Hitman07

Hitman07

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • Interests:YouTube, Airsoft/Paintball, and Computers

Posted 01 January 2012 - 11:34 AM

Functions properly. Set the mag by pressing the spring button at the bottom. Otherwise all you are doing is charging the gun and there is no BB to load so it locks back like it is suppose to.

#3 Hollywood

Hollywood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 05:04 PM

What do u mean exactly, I always release the spring in the mag by pushing the button on the spring slide thing...

#4 thetomas

thetomas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:12 PM

Hitman didn't seem to understand the problem.

When I first got my gun, I was having the same issue and sought out a solution, finding this post. It seemed like, with bb's in the clip, chambering the first round via the charging handle would not prime the gun. The return spring on the bolt did not seem to have enough power to travel all the way forward to a set firing position.

Without finding a solution online, I "solved" this problem by lubing the crap out of the bolt/chamber/charging handle, which was a bit dry on the brand new gun. It loosened up a bit, and after working the action a bit, seems to chamber the first round correctly now. The travel still seems restricted, however, and chambering the first round is not a satisfying snap. I hope it will continue to break in.

If anyone has a more permanent solution to this problem, I'd love to hear it. I hope hollywood ended up finding a solution.

#5 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:09 AM

Try lubrication.  The guns do seem to be dry when new.  Mine was a bit sluggish at first.  The bolt comes out easily for lubrication.

Be sure you're releasing the charging handle at the very end of it's travel and you're not riding it forward.  Even if no BB loads with charging the gun it should still fire (a "blank") and chamber the next BB.

The danger with all Gas-guns is double charging.  There's no extractor so it's easy to cycle the gun even if there's a BB in the chamber and stuff two in there.  Always check the chamber for a BB before cycling the bolt.

-- Chuck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users