4 replies to this topic

#1 sfvg

sfvg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 10:24 PM

Hello,

Waiting to buy an ATP for winter time training for USPSA and IDPA until the bugs have been worked out.

Or would I be better off buying a M1911 MK III PTP?

Also, is there a 2011 style M1911 coming out soon?

Thanks,
sfvg

#2 Guest_Allizard_*

Guest_Allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2011 - 11:27 PM

Bugs have been worked out.   No worries.

#3 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,565 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 31 December 2011 - 05:19 PM

sfvg - Welcome to the Forums!

Regarding a MKIII vs ATP both are great guns.  I have the ATP and the MKIV (essentially the same gun as the MKIII) .  I would purchase based upon the features you would like for training.  Regarding the two side by side, the MK seems more solid and has a crisper blow back.  The ATP is simpler with regard to fire control and beak down.  The MK is a single stack and has fewer rounds (14) while the ATP is double stack (23).

I like the adjustable back strap on the ATP, however you can also change the grips on the MK series to real steel aftermarket grips.

The ATP comes with a metal outer barrel but there is a KWA metal out barrel available for the MK series.  Whatever you decide I am sure you will like it.  Please let us know which way you go!

#4 optimuskmg

optimuskmg

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 02:49 PM

never fired a mk III but i do have the ATP and i did get one of the bad batch guns, but trust me with a little loveing it works great, plus the recoil can be solved with an upgraded return spring

#5 wepen935k

wepen935k

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 07:31 PM

Does Evike has the new batch?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users