4 replies to this topic

#1 ashkin1194

ashkin1194

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 02:59 PM

Hi there,

I'm looking to upgrade the grips on my M9 PTP, but I haven't the faintest idea where to start looking or even how to search for the correct and compatible parts.

This is my first modification; is there anything else to this besides unscrewing the stock grips and screwing in the aftermarket grips?

Thanks

Edited by ashkin1194, 30 December 2011 - 03:00 PM.

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,713 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 30 December 2011 - 06:34 PM

The grips that are compatible on the Beretta M9 (M92) are compatible with the KM9 PTP.  Simply unscrew the old ones and screw on the new ones.

#3 ashkin1194

ashkin1194

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 05:02 PM

Is the M9 PTP a Beretta M92-FS or M92-SB replica? The grips I'm finding online specify SB or FS.

Thanks

#4 Nashorn101

Nashorn101

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, drumming, Jeeps, and guns.

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:43 PM

View Postashkin1194, on 02 January 2012 - 05:02 PM, said:

Is the M9 PTP a Beretta M92-FS or M92-SB replica? The grips I'm finding online specify SB or FS.

Thanks

I have the same question...I am guessing it is modeled after the 92FS, but, i'm guessing.

#5 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:00 PM

Here are the real steel differences:
M92-SB:
The extremely rare 92SB, Initially called the 92S-1, was specifically designed for the USAF (US Air Force) trials (which it won), the model name officially adopted was the 92SB. It included the changes of the 92S, added a firing pin block (thus the addition of the "B" to the name), and relocated the magazine release catch from the bottom of the grip to the lower bottom of the trigger guard.
M92-FS:
The FS has an enlarged hammer pin that fits into a groove on the underside of the slide. The main purpose is to stop the slide from flying off the frame to the rear if it cracks. This was in response to reported defective slides during U.S. Military testing.

To determine what the KWA M9 PTP was designed after, we'd have to ask Radix- or Allizard. I'm sure the M9 PTP design is a combination of the most common M9 configurations.

Back on topic... after looking at the various models... disregard what movies the gun appeared in... I would have to say the gun is modeled after the FS, because the SB seems to have thicker grips while the FS have slimmer grips. Here's the page I was looking at:
http://www.imfdb.org...2_pistol_series

I'm curious as to which version the M9 PTP replicates as well...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users