2 replies to this topic

#1 Lumadar

Lumadar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 09:12 PM

Hello everyone!

My name is Mark and although I am new actually owning an airsoft gun, I am not new to firearms or this type of sport (used to be a very avid paintballer).

I have noticed that there seems to be a lot of conflicting opinions and plain misinformation out there. Another thing I am finding is that at least in my area there are VERY few reputable airsoft technicians or shops, so I am finding myself stuck having to research and work on my own guns.

Being as that a lot of the airsoft or KWA-specific language is new to me, it makes reading topics without pictures or video....well, less than confidence inspiring.

I think the community would vastly benefit from and appreciate a series of concise, yet clear and thorough write-ups with images and video that explain all the basic processes one would need to know to maintain their KWA guns.

IE, disassembly and reassembly, cleaning internals, adjusting hop-up, basic troubleshooting, possibly battery fitment, things of that nature.

I for one own a second hand SR12, a second hand KM4RIS and a brand-new SR7 DEVGRU. I would appreciate resources for these guns.

Thank you!

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,301 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 29 December 2011 - 09:39 PM

Hi Mark:

Welcome to the Forums.  You make some very good and valid points.  Here is on video that may help with battery fitment: http://kwausa.com/fo...?showtopic=4156

New write-ups and videos are added from time to time and there are quite a few resources/posts that should help you as delve more deeply into the sport.  If you have specific questions we are happy to point you to the appropriate thread and as always we are here to answer any questions that you may have.

Good luck with your KWA's and have fun with the Forums!

#3 Lumadar

Lumadar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 04:34 PM

View Postgcw360, on 29 December 2011 - 09:39 PM, said:

Hi Mark:

Welcome to the Forums.  You make some very good and valid points.  Here is on video that may help with battery fitment: http://kwausa.com/fo...?showtopic=4156

New write-ups and videos are added from time to time and there are quite a few resources/posts that should help you as delve more deeply into the sport.  If you have specific questions we are happy to point you to the appropriate thread and as always we are here to answer any questions that you may have.

Good luck with your KWA's and have fun with the Forums!
Thanks!

My current issue stems from the second-hand SR12. It is firing about 50 feet - tops, and then taking a nasty downward dive and to the right. From my amateur eye, the hop-up looks normal/clean, but I can only find threads discussing the cleaning in detail with text - that's why I would love video or labeled images for that sort of thing.

I think a "how-to clean and adjust your hop-up" video for the M4 platform would be a pretty popular resource.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: video, km4, aeg, kwa, how-to

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users