• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MonsterMan795

MonsterMan795

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 09:37 PM

Hey everyone! While playing at my local CQB field, I noticed something completely went wrong. But before I get into the problem at hand, I've got a little background info. I've had my M9 PTP for close to 10 months now and have experienced 2 major issues with just the slide. After looking at the parts diagram, I found out that part #320, or the Gas Chamber Block, was the result of my 2 major issues.

My first issue occured about 1 month or so after I got it. What happened was that the right rail/prong thing on part #320 had snapped off. At the time, I didn't think much of it at all, let alone knew where it came from. Without that snapped off piece, my M9 PTP held up well until my 2nd issue (which I'll get into soon). Despite the unhindered performance of the blowback action, and basic operation of firing it, I did start to notice that the de-cocking feature often times didn't work. I now realize that problem resulted from the right rail/prong thing being snapped off.

Now, my second and most recent issue caused my M9 PTP to be KIA. And still, part #320 was the culprit. So this time, the left rail/prong thing snapped off. This inevitably left part #312, or the External Cylinder, without much structural support. Therefore, part #312 began getting locked forward when the slide was pulled back, and never worked with a mag in because it got caught up on the magazine lip. I tried to field strip my M9 PTP but because of the issue, I had to use semi-brutal force to get the slide off.

Aside from part #320 breaking, I realize that it may have been more of my fault than anything else. When I first got it, I remember mindlessly putting it on safety and pulling the slide back. I now realize how stupid that was. And recently, I haven't gotten around to lubing it much, so due to my careless actions, both issues may have been avoided.

On to finding a solution, after all I've been through with my M9 PTP (and the fact that I got a BLACKHAWK! SERPA for Christmas), I honestly wouldn't mind buying a brand new one. However, if parts can be replaced for cheaper, how would I go about doing that?

Thank you very much for your time, and happy holidays!

Edited by MonsterMan795, 27 December 2011 - 09:38 PM.

#2 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 27 December 2011 - 10:46 PM

I've had the same bar pop out of my M9 PTP as well, and yet, it hasn't hindered my M9's performance. Yet. I've heard and seen the decocker switch over time wear out and eventually be useless to some users. I cleaned my M9 thoroughly every time I shot it and had the same initial problem like you did, so it's not a matter of how much you've cleaned it. I know from pulling the trigger too much I broke the trigger return spring. Maybe since you've been playing with the safety so much, you finally wore it out! Haha. If you want you can make an RMA at the Help Desk and they'll take care of you- for a price since I'm guessing you are out of your 45 day warranty.

#3 MonsterMan795

MonsterMan795

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 12:00 AM

Thanks for the reply Outlaw! And it's funny you mentioned the trigger. Ever since I got out to my first game with it back in March or April, I've always been quick on the trigger. I've clocked myself in at 6bps a few times throughout my ownership of it. And the funny thing is, I've never had to replace my trigger return spring. :) Kind of sucks that my problem isn't as easy to fix.

Seeing that owning my M9 PTP for almost 10 months now, I guess my warranty has been up for quite some time though. :P I will look into an RMA, but I guess I'm more heavily leaning towards a brand new one now, and either selling mine for parts, or get an RMA later on so I'll have a rough backup.

#4 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 28 December 2011 - 08:12 AM

LOL I bought mine in April and I am very quick on the trigger as well. A suggestion: If you are able to field strip it, I recommend taking some Q-Tips and wiping them along the rails of the slide and the rails of the frame. Afterwards, add a touch of silicon oil (provided in your box) to a q tip and run it along the rails to lubricate them. Maybe there's something caught in the rail that shouldn't be there.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: M9, PTP, Part#320, Slide, Issue

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users