• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Hustla21

Hustla21

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 09:25 PM

I am not to sure what is my problem with the ATP is exactly. I think it may be the magazine or the green gas adapter. Basically, the gun will fire about 4-5 shots then just completely stop and then the trigger locks up. This is my first GBB.

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,595 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 28 December 2011 - 06:53 AM

How long are you filling the mag for?  What green gas are you using?

#3 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,880 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 28 December 2011 - 09:09 AM

When you say "lock up" do you mean you can't pull the trigger? Or are you out of gas and not able to fire any more shots?

#4 Hustla21

Hustla21

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 10:03 AM

It runs out of gas. I am using UHC Green Gas. I fill it for about 3-4 seconds.

#5 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,880 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 28 December 2011 - 10:27 AM

Do you notice the gas spewing out around the charging nozzle when you are filling the magazine? If so, you may be missing the tiny o-ring around the fill nozzle.
If not, I would try another can or brand of green gas. The fill nozzle may not be the correct size on the can.

#6 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,595 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 28 December 2011 - 06:24 PM

Also try filling for 10-15 seconds.

#7 Guest_Allizard_*

Guest_Allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2011 - 11:31 PM

Cold temperature can also affect how many shots you get with the gun before it runs out of pressure.

#8 Hustla21

Hustla21

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 11:23 AM

So it works. I filled it up for about 13 seconds and it shot perfectly. Went through about two mags with one fill.

#9 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,595 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 06:03 PM

View PostHustla21, on 31 December 2011 - 11:23 AM, said:

So it works. I filled it up for about 13 seconds and it shot perfectly. Went through about two mags with one fill.
Glad to hear it's ok!

#10 philsaudio

philsaudio

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Interests:Playing Bass, Grandkids, camping

Posted 03 January 2012 - 05:24 PM

I have had my ATP for a few days now. It is my first airsoft guns. Sometimes mine does the same thing, but if I top off the gas when I load it, the whole clip will fire perfectly, especially if I let the clip warm up in my pocket.

Although it will work for perhaps another two full 23 BB fills on the initial gas fill up, I feel the gun performs best on the first fill. It also seems the first shot is hot although I have not verified this with a chrono.

Update: Yes, when I fill the mag and take the first shot it is hot. Maybe 399FPS on first shot then 340 on the subsequent shots. Wow! I don't want to go to the chrono with the first shot.

Do most people fill up the gas when they reload the BBs or try to get as many shots out of the magazine without refilling the gas?

I love it when it is full and kickin! Whoopee

Edited by philsaudio, 08 January 2012 - 04:59 AM.

#11 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,880 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:12 AM

From my experience the ATP will never shoot hot even at first shot after a fill. The most have seen the ATP shoot is about 360fps. And it is normal for performance to slightly deteriorate when gas starts to run low.

#12 philsaudio

philsaudio

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 05:00 AM

View Postniko_gpsy, on 04 January 2012 - 07:12 AM, said:

From my experience the ATP will never shoot hot even at first shot after a fill. The most have seen the ATP shoot is about 360fps. And it is normal for performance to slightly deteriorate when gas starts to run low.

Got Chrono and tested it myself. It shoots hot on the first shot with a freshly filled mag. Have you tried it with the chrono?

#13 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,880 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:06 AM

When did you purchase your ATP? Unless KWA made changes to their rocket valve design from their first batch which is what I have, I have not seen them shoot hot.
And the demo vid was from a prototype model and not the actual production model that we all own. I would like to see your results on vid if you don't mind. And yes I do own a Xcortech 3200 chrono. What chrono do you own? Some chronos will give you an off reading and I find that mine is consistent with what everyone like KWA is using.

And are you using green gas and not just straight propane?

#14 philsaudio

philsaudio

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 07:27 PM

View Postniko_gpsy, on 08 January 2012 - 06:06 AM, said:

When did you purchase your ATP? Unless KWA made changes to their rocket valve design from their first batch which is what I have, I have not seen them shoot hot.
And the demo vid was from a prototype model and not the actual production model that we all own. I would like to see your results on vid if you don't mind. And yes I do own a Xcortech 3200 chrono. What chrono do you own? Some chronos will give you an off reading and I find that mine is consistent with what everyone like KWA is using.

ATP is a week and a half old. The first one I opened had the stuck slide, The next one is what I got. I use green gas and have an old red chrony chrony from 20 years ago.  I am seeing 300, 399 and in between with golden ball .20 BB and
20 - 40 fps lower with golden ball .25 bio BB on cold days. Only had this for a week and a half

. I want to get a laser thermometer so I can tell the temp of the clip. I am also working on weighing the clips to determine how many grams of gas are in them. I can tell the first shot is hot.  I noticed that sometimes if I leave the gun just sitting on the bench and then fire it it will shoot low too. <100fps on the first then 320 -350 on the other 22.

#15 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,880 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:28 AM

99 fps deviations between shot are a lot. You may want to keep an eye on it to see if the problems become worse. Even with mag cool down the most fps drop I have experienced is about 30fps.

#16 philsaudio

philsaudio

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:06 AM

Not necessarily 99FPS shot to shot but during the same session.  I would fill all three mags, chrono now and then, refill with BB not gas chrono now and then all within the same 10 minutes and see that 99fps differences high high to Low Low, and not a running out of gas low low low.

No attempt to control what is happening to the gun, gas or temprature.

I now set up the chrono indoors and will be watching it more. Like I said I want to get a scale, weigh the propane in the mags and measure the temp with a thermometer and chrono. Then I will have some authority to speak. Right now I am just blowin smoke, but I did see those numbers on the chrono though.

Ideal Gas Law. The equality for the four variables involved in Boyle's Law, Charles' Law, Gay-Lussac's Law and Avogadro's law can be written. PV = nRT

What I could measure if I had the right stuff is.

1) pressure in the tank ( if I had a pressure gauge)

2) temprature of the tank ( if I had a laser thermometer)

3) I wonder what the volume of the little tank in the magazine is? This would be one constant.

4 ) Molar Mass of pure propane is = 44.1 g mol−1 ---------the gas in the propane mixture is unknown

#17 philsaudio

philsaudio

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:26 PM

View Postniko_gpsy, on 08 January 2012 - 06:06 AM, said:

It happened to me again last Sunday. I filled the mags to the brim with propane and the first shot from the ATP was over 500FPS, subsequent ones were 350 ish. Almost got my gun banned. Could it be that the full mags put liquid propane into the chamber and the first shot is hot?

#18 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,880 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:31 PM

I am not aware that you can over-fill a mag. But being that only your first shot is 500fps, you might be shooting out gas in liquid form or excess silicone that's throwing off the chrono reading.

#19 Zulu88

Zulu88

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:airsoft(ofcourse),
    surfing,sports,
    shooting

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:16 PM

when u use those chronos that have the tunnel thing u shoot through the gas that comes out with the silicon and gets around or on the sensors which sometimes causes it to have a mis-read. That seems to be the problem because that has happened to me with other guns.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ATP, KWA, PISTOL, GBB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users