1 reply to this topic

#1 thatguyx

thatguyx

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 04:28 PM

Went to play at a local CQB field recenty, but left my replica aimpoint micro dot with high mount on my aeg at home.  I tried using just the "iron" sights with a light.  While I can easily track my bbs with the light on as always, target acquisition is tough with the low "iron" sights of the FPG handle.  Also in a low light/lights out game, using my light can be advantageous or disadvantageous.  

So, besides just removing the handle and replacing it with a red dot of choice, has anyone tried modding the handle to accept a red dot?  I've been looking at several different styles, ie the docter reflex style, aimpoint micro with low profile mount style.  I was also considering using highly reactive glow powder, which could make things easier... but still low profile sights will be an issue.  Anyone got pictures or said config?  I've seen people use AR carry handles but i'm just not a fan of the look.

Would Spartan Imports be the only place I would be able to get an extra carry handle?  I've tried to order from them before, but they gave me the run around directing me to different local dealers, who in turn said parts weren't available even though Spartan said they had them in stock.

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,665 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 24 December 2011 - 04:52 PM

TGX:

Spartan only sells to the trade so unless you are a dealer you are SOL.  If you need a new carry handle you can order it from KWA through the Pro Shop.  See here: http://store.kwausa....lock-1-1-2.aspx

I know it is currently listed as out of stock, you can call to see if any are available or wait until they are in stock. Regarding adding a red dot, you can simply add a handle rail like this one: http://www.airsoftme..._p/ncs-mar6.htm

I have used it and they work great.  The one from NC Star lets you sight down the iron sights or the red dot.  I like the configuration myself.

Hope this helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users