8 replies to this topic

#1 Corsair27

Corsair27

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:54 AM

Hi guys!

I´m posting this because I´ve had some problems with my KWA Mp9 recently and no one of my airsoft pals could really help me. I´ve also looked around in this forum for quite a long time, but haven´t found anyone who encountered a similar problem.

Anyways: During the game the Mp9 was able to shoot like 15-20 shots without problems, but after that it just kept misfeeding. What i mean by that is that the gun would fire 4-5 shots without really shooting a BB outside the barrel. Then it fired 1 BB, after that there would be another 5 blanks and 1 BB again and so on and so on... It´s really annoying as this wastes a lot of gas and makes the MP9 practically useless as a primary weapon.

Just for the record, my gun is quite new, I´ve used it in 2 indoor games and it ins´t really dirty or anything. I´ve also lubricated all moving parts and the magazine feeding spring with silicone. I am using good quality BBs and they are pushed to the top by the spring at any time, so that can not be the problem.

And there is yet another thing that bothers me: When i got the gun, i was not able to "dry fire" when there were no BBs in the magazine, as the spring and the feeder would reach up to the top and the gun wouldn´t do anything. As I have read, this is normal for a Mp9 and not a problem.

Well, if i put the magazine inside the gun now without BBs, the gun will dry fire just as if there were BBs in the magazine.

I´m really confused and would be very pleased if you could help me.
I have included a picture of my magazine as it seems some piece has actually broken off, maybe that´s the problem?

Attached File  IMG_0179.JPG   252.13K   45 downloads

thanks a lot, corsair

#2 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,886 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 04:44 PM

You have a damaged bb follower.  That part that broke off on the bb follower pushes your bolt lock mechanism when your mag is empty of bb's.  And my guess is that your bb follower was getting stuck in the bb channel of the magazine thus causing your problems.  I recommend replacing that part.  It should be available in the proshop and is not expensive.

#3 Corsair27

Corsair27

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:22 AM

wow, thanks a lot man :)  I knew some part was missing/broken off, but i just had no idea what it was :D
Do you know if the pro shop also ships to Europe? As I am from germany I don´t really know if we have any KWA support in Europe. I noticed there is a KWA-UK centre, but the website says that it´s offline

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,738 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 21 December 2011 - 04:11 AM

You will need to call in and do the order over the phone but they will ship to you.  The number is 00-1-626-581-1777.  Call between 8:30a and 5:00a Pacific Standard Time Monday - Friday.

#5 Corsair27

Corsair27

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:44 AM

ok thx, then i´ll try to contact them

#6 la999

la999

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 09:42 AM

I just received my KMP9 yesterday and i've had the same problem.

My magazine would feed one, get stuck, recoil fixes it, gets stuck, etc.
I found that the lower bbs are being forced aside each other so the bbs can't move up.
I found that loading the last two bbs on top of each other helps

Edited by la999, 02 February 2012 - 09:43 AM.

#7 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,738 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 02 February 2012 - 09:56 AM

View Postla999, on 02 February 2012 - 09:42 AM, said:

I just received my KMP9 yesterday and i've had the same problem.

My magazine would feed one, get stuck, recoil fixes it, gets stuck, etc.
I found that the lower bbs are being forced aside each other so the bbs can't move up.
I found that loading the last two bbs on top of each other helps
Sounds like you have a mag feeding issue not a broken follower.  Where did you buy the gun?

#8 la999

la999

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 03:06 AM

ASGI, ill make a new thread

#9 SageF.Pierce

SageF.Pierce

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:53 AM

I had the same problem with the broken follower. I ordered the three parts that make up the follower from the Pro Shop and dropped them right into the mag and not it works fine. You shouldn't be scared to disassemble this gas mag, because it is really quite easy. Just push the pins out of the bottom far enough to grab them with some pliers. Once you have that bottom off pull the spring out and drop in the new pieces. I asked them to assemble the three pieces because they looked tricky to assemble on my own. Upon reassembly you will run into your only problem. You have to push really hard on the bottom of the mag to get the pins back in. These are the parts you need

KMP9 Magazine Follower http://store.kwausa.com/kmp9magazinefollower.aspx

KMP9 NS2 Series Magazine Follower Lock http://store.kwausa.com/kmp9ns2seriesmagazinefollowerlock.aspx

KMP9 NS2 Series Magazine Follower Lock Spring http://store.kwausa.com/kmp9ns2seriesmagazinefollowerlockspring.aspx

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: magazine, feeding, problem, feeding problem, kwa, mp9

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users