• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Xmod5001

Xmod5001

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:35 PM

Hey guys, I'm new to MP7's, so please bear with me.  When I load an empty mag, it is to the best of my understanding that when I pull the charging handle, it should lock back, and the bolt catch should stay as well.  However, for some reason, that's not happening.  Now I know the bb follower is intact based on the mod's pictures, so I don't know what the problem is.  Also, when I'm shooting, the bolt catch doesn't lock when I run out - it keeps on going until I run out of gas.

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,301 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 19 December 2011 - 07:00 PM

Welcome to the Forums and sorry to hear you are having troubles.  Is this NEW gun and if so where from and when did you buy it?

#3 Xmod5001

Xmod5001

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 07:06 PM

No, it's out of warranty, so I was planning on buying the parts and fixing it myself (I'm skilled with gas blowbacks, just not mp7's yet)

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,301 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 19 December 2011 - 07:20 PM

The BB follower is the first place to look with this issue.  If you can try a new mag that is confirmed to work with another MP7 then that is where to start.  If that is not the issue then it could be the bolt catch lever part #41.  But I think it's more likely the mag.

#5 turney

turney

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:19 AM

or it could be a problem with the bolt, take your bolt out and look the corner that gets caught. if its rounded and worn then it could just be a bold issue and you can buy the bolt housing from the proshop for like $20. this happend to me and i thought it was the follower but there where metal shavings by the bolt catch and no ware on the bolt catch so i look at my bolt and the corner was round.

#6 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,301 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:19 PM

View Postturney, on 06 June 2013 - 09:19 AM, said:

or it could be a problem with the bolt, take your bolt out and look the corner that gets caught. if its rounded and worn then it could just be a bold issue and you can buy the bolt housing from the proshop for like $20. this happend to me and i thought it was the follower but there where metal shavings by the bolt catch and no ware on the bolt catch so i look at my bolt and the corner was round.
Hi Turney and welcome to the KWA Forums.  We appreciate your post and hope you will find these Forums informative.
Please note that we try to avoid necro threads which, unfortunately, this is since the last entry was in 2011. While any thread can be used for reference, we ask that use your judgement when answering posts and avoid particularly old threads.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mp7, bolt catch, charging handle, gbb, repair, broken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users