• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Kilyeraz

Kilyeraz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 06:27 AM

I am not a fan of the propane mag for this gun.  I've been a CO2 fan for GBB since I got into this sport.  But I strongly respect KWA's build quality and I was hoping, short of making a CO2 mag myself, there might be an answer out there for me.  Does anyone know of any effective mod or 3rd party CO2 magazine for this gun?  Thanks

#2 texaspotatolord

texaspotatolord

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 07:10 PM

nope only kwa mags will work in it and since kwa probably wont be making any co2 mags soon you seem to be out of luck

#3 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 18 December 2011 - 06:10 PM

Never seen a CO2 mag option. Kwa guns were made to run off green gas, and I don't know if a mod for it to accept CO2 would work.

#4 kullwarrior

kullwarrior

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Interests:Immunology, Virus, Infectious Bacteria, Firearms

Posted 18 December 2011 - 10:54 PM

There's ONLY two model with CO2 mag (both aftermarket)
RA-Tech for M17 & M19

I wish USP, M9 had the co2 as it can be done.

#5 Kilyeraz

Kilyeraz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:47 PM

Hey Everyone, this is Kilyeraz from the original post.  I did it.  I successfully converted an aftermarket CO2 M9 mag to fit the M9 PTP so I can stop using moronic propane.

Here's the mag I used:

http://www.airsoftme...cb-07501516.htm

Here's what I did:

Supplies:
- 1 small-sized, brass coated, picture hangar
- 1 pair metal shears
- 1 pair needle nosed pliers
- 1 hot glue gun with hot glue sticks
- 1 vice
- 1 file tool
- 1 power drill
- 1 extra small drill bit

1: drill small hole in the center of the gas release pin that is located near the top of the magazine on the back.

2: take picture hangar and cut the appropriate length leaving it's natural bend intact. The length of the picture hangar that you will need exposed from the drilled hole in the gas release valve pin must allow 3/16" vertical to catch the hammer mechanism of the M9 PTP which lands higher up than the aftermarket mag you are modifying will catch.

3: file down the width of the cut portion of your picture hangar to fit the hole drilled in the gas release valve. Take care to file down only the portion of the cut hangar that is to be inserted in the drilled hole leaving the rest at full width to ensure it catches the hammer mechanism of the M9 PTP.

4: take the picture hangar and adjust the degree of its angle at the natural bend making it obtuse rather than acute so that, when inserted into the drilled hole in the release valve, the outside portion of the hangar moves vertically up from the valve yet stays flush with the back side of the magazine so there is no friction when you feed the mag into the mag well.

5: place the magazine in a vice to secure it from moving.

6: with hot glue ready to apply, hold the appropriately formed hangar at the entrance to the drilled hole on the release valve with needle-nosed pliers.

7: in one motion, apply a small dot of hot glue to the drill hole opening in the release valve then immediately insert the filed down end of the modified hangar into the hole so that the wider, exterior portion is positioned vertically pointing toward the top of the magazine and wait for the hot glue to cure.

8: when cured, add a second application of hot glue to the connection PRN to ensure security. Take note not to create a glue blob that would extend beyond the threshold of the flat back of the magazine to avoid feed jams in the mag well.

The "Airsoft Taurus/Beretta 22rd CO2 Magazine" that I used fit right into the KWA mag well without any adjustments whatsoever.  It clips in an can be released by the mag release button.  The only modifications I made were to release valve pin as described above.

So to you all you airsofters out who take no for an answer, I'm just here to say - THINK AGAIN.  Anything's possible if you put your mind to it and take a chance.

Take that KWA and your ridiculous obsession with propane!

#6 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:57 PM

Woah... very very kool. I wouldn't try it with my magazines, but if you got it to work, then all I can say is: IMPRESSIVE! Well done my friend. :)

#7 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,499 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:04 PM

View PostKilyeraz, on 15 April 2012 - 06:47 PM, said:

Hey Everyone, this is Kilyeraz from the original post.  I did it.  I successfully converted an aftermarket CO2 M9 mag to fit the M9 PTP so I can stop using moronic propane.

Here's the mag I used:

http://www.airsoftme...cb-07501516.htm

Here's what I did:

Supplies:
- 1 small-sized, brass coated, picture hangar
- 1 pair metal shears
- 1 pair needle nosed pliers
- 1 hot glue gun with hot glue sticks
- 1 vice
- 1 file tool
- 1 power drill
- 1 extra small drill bit

1: drill small hole in the center of the gas release pin that is located near the top of the magazine on the back.

2: take picture hangar and cut the appropriate length leaving it's natural bend intact. The length of the picture hangar that you will need exposed from the drilled hole in the gas release valve pin must allow 3/16" vertical to catch the hammer mechanism of the M9 PTP which lands higher up than the aftermarket mag you are modifying will catch.

3: file down the width of the cut portion of your picture hangar to fit the hole drilled in the gas release valve. Take care to file down only the portion of the cut hangar that is to be inserted in the drilled hole leaving the rest at full width to ensure it catches the hammer mechanism of the M9 PTP.

4: take the picture hangar and adjust the degree of its angle at the natural bend making it obtuse rather than acute so that, when inserted into the drilled hole in the release valve, the outside portion of the hangar moves vertically up from the valve yet stays flush with the back side of the magazine so there is no friction when you feed the mag into the mag well.

5: place the magazine in a vice to secure it from moving.

6: with hot glue ready to apply, hold the appropriately formed hangar at the entrance to the drilled hole on the release valve with needle-nosed pliers.

7: in one motion, apply a small dot of hot glue to the drill hole opening in the release valve then immediately insert the filed down end of the modified hangar into the hole so that the wider, exterior portion is positioned vertically pointing toward the top of the magazine and wait for the hot glue to cure.

8: when cured, add a second application of hot glue to the connection PRN to ensure security. Take note not to create a glue blob that would extend beyond the threshold of the flat back of the magazine to avoid feed jams in the mag well.

The "Airsoft Taurus/Beretta 22rd CO2 Magazine" that I used fit right into the KWA mag well without any adjustments whatsoever.  It clips in an can be released by the mag release button.  The only modifications I made were to release valve pin as described above.

So to you all you airsofters out who take no for an answer, I'm just here to say - THINK AGAIN.  Anything's possible if you put your mind to it and take a chance.

Take that KWA and your ridiculous obsession with propane!
Would love to see pictures or better yet a video.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users