6 replies to this topic

#1 CynicBlue

CynicBlue

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 03:09 PM

Would be replacing the plastic outer barrel with a metal one be a good idea? Although the plastic is suppose to be more efficient with the NS2 gas system, I like the looks and feel of a metal one more. Would efficiency dramatically drop with metal outer barrel instead?

#2 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,884 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 14 December 2011 - 04:35 PM

I think the main concern would be that you can end up breaking your cylinder with a metal outer barrel.  They said the same thing about the M1911 Mark series guns too but I have  metal outer barrels for those and I have not experienced unusual wear or breaking of the cylinder.

#3 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,714 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 14 December 2011 - 05:11 PM

My understanding is that metal outer barrels were an issue with the M9.  As Niko stated, metal outer barrels do not seem to be an issue with the 1911 MK series, I run one too with no apparent issues.  They are also standard on the ATP.  I have not heard of issues on the HK series of pistols.  If all else fail you can give it as shot and let us know.  A broken cylinder isn't all that expensive if you can do the replacement yourself.

#4 CynicBlue

CynicBlue

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 11:08 PM

Could you tell me where to find one? Everywhere I look it seems to be out of stock. I'm guessing KSC barrels will fit but not 7 System right?

#5 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,714 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 15 December 2011 - 04:12 AM

Sorry, I can not comment regarding the fitment and reliability of KSC products.  I would look to overseas sites like eHobbyAsia, Tokoyo Models Company, WGC, Uncompany, etc, for after market barrels

#6 Boonster

Boonster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 07:46 AM

Found one on wgcshop.com. Made from steel. Should fit system 7 USPs since it just showed up on their website a couple weeks ago.

http://www.wgcshop.c...usp&catid=&cat=

Also, I've got a Shooter's Design Slide and Barrel Kit for my KWA USP coming in the mail. I can let everyone know how it fits once it arrives.

#7 Pelikanyo

Pelikanyo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:04 PM

Can anyone supply a link for the correct Shooters Design slide and barrel replacement for the USP Compact.
Much thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users