Posted 12 December 2011 - 01:08 PM

one of my rear pins wont come out

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,650 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 12 December 2011 - 01:34 PM

Use a small hammer and a punch.  It will come out. just don't whack the crap out off it!

#3 WilliamHoward

WilliamHoward

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 02:50 PM

i tryed that and it still wont come out

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,650 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 13 December 2011 - 03:58 PM

The pin is only in there with pressure.  That said, it could be turned.  When you look at the top of the pin it should appear like a broken "ring" or the letter "c".  The opening in the ring that makes it look like the letter "c" should be pointing towards the butt stock at either 3 o'clock (if on the left side of the gun) or 9 o'clock (if on the right side of the gun).  This insures that the pins are properly aligned.  Once you are sure they are aligned correctly, try tapping them out again.

#5 greg7k

greg7k

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 01:50 AM

I cant realign the pin how could it come out, Is there another way?

Edited by greg7k, 31 December 2011 - 03:01 AM.

#6 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,650 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 05:37 PM

Push in the back end, align the pin, and push it back in.

#7 greg7k

greg7k

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 07:32 PM

thank you so much, is there a way to prevent this from happening again?

#8 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,650 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 07:39 PM

Well, I am really not sure what caused it in the first place.  That said, you shouldn't need to take down your MP7 all that often so I wouldn't worry about it, really.

#9 Kharn121

Kharn121

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 02:42 PM

I know this is old but there is a design problem in the gun. Mine has ruined 2 pins so far and I have never used it in a game yet, keep it in the box and made absuolutely sure the pin was installed properly yet it still walked and locked up in the reciever. It cannot be realigned because the lock spring wont retract into the pin. The problem is that there are rails in the rear reciver that do not go all the way across allowing the pin to spin. If the guide rails went all the way across this wouldnt happen. Next pins gonna get a mod incase this happens again to keep it from ruining my reciever.

#10 Planesfortoday

Planesfortoday

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:05 AM

Just like what kharn121 said.

Today I stumbled that problem and I can't get one of them out.  I tried to rotate it but it won't budge into where its suppose to be aligned and scared to use force.  Any suggestions on how to remove it?  I don't even know how it rotated on itself.

#11 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,650 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:22 PM

Turn it to line up the pin and push.  It's the only way to get it out.

#12 Planesfortoday

Planesfortoday

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:40 AM

I tried turning it and it won't go back
To where it's suppose to be.  I'm scared that if I turn to hard I might ruin the gun. Any suggestions?

#13 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,650 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:19 PM

You are not going to ruin the gun as long as you don't smack it with a hammer.  You might ruin the pin though. Tap it out with a punch and a light hammer.

#14 mdd1994

mdd1994

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:52 PM

my rear lower pin will not come out. the spring is perfectly aligned with the wholes, and it just will not come out. does anybody know what to do?

#15 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,650 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:06 PM

View Postmdd1994, on 06 December 2012 - 08:52 PM, said:

my rear lower pin will not come out. the spring is perfectly aligned with the wholes, and it just will not come out. does anybody know what to do?
Yes, grab a punch of the appropriate size (larger is better but not bigger that the pin itself), put it on the end of the take down pin and hit it with a hammer.  They can take a bit of "coaxing" to get out sometimes but as long as the pin is properly aligned you should be fine.

#16 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:21 AM

You can also use a pair of pliers to twist the pin until it lines up with the notch so you can remove it. It will take some time, but just have patience. Rotate the pin with the pliers until the it lines up with the notch, and you're golden.

#17 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,650 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:16 AM

View PostOutlaw1995, on 08 December 2012 - 06:21 AM, said:

You can also use a pair of pliers to twist the pin until it lines up with the notch so you can remove it. It will take some time, but just have patience. Rotate the pin with the pliers until the it lines up with the notch, and you're golden.
He wrote that the pin is aligned.  If that is not the case, then Outlaw is absolutely right and they should be lined up before you start tapping away.

#18 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:05 AM

The pins should simply press out with firm finger pressure.  Note they only come out one way, there's a head on one end.  ;)

-- Chuck

#19 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:32 AM

View Postgcw360, on 08 December 2012 - 07:16 AM, said:

He wrote that the pin is aligned.  If that is not the case, then Outlaw is absolutely right and they should be lined up before you start tapping away.
Oops... missed that part! :blinded:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users