7 replies to this topic

#1 Jamie

Jamie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:36 AM

KWA G36c :(

Ok so I bought a KWA G36c of the a forum and skirmished with it today, Well I had turned the hop all the way off and still the bbs would rise ridiculously at about 15 metres. This is with the hop off. so what could the problem be? I've been told it could be either, damage to the inner or outer barrel, bad bbs (using aim top but these work brilliantly in my KWA M4), high wind (there wasn't any) or there could be an obstruction down the barrel or hop or somewhere else? Sorry about the lack of amazing amount of info, if there is anything else you need to help me, please ask Posted Image Thanks in advance.

Regards Jamie.

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,595 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:07 AM

Hi Jamie:

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear you are having troubles.  First what weight BB are you using?  Heavier BB's can help to tame the hop-up if all else fails.  My guess is that the hop-up nub that engages the bucking is a bit too long and is getting stuck when engaged.  You can test this by removing the inner barrel and looking down from the hop-up side.  First engage the hop-up and see how far into the barrel it goes.  Then dial off the hop-up and see if the bucking remains engaged or if it retracts.  If it remains engaged, and I believe it will, then you will need to disassemble the hop-up and look to see if the nub is too long and is therefore getting stuck.  If this is the case, then simply cut the nub to shorten with an X -Acto or razor blade.

Let us know if this helps.

#3 Jamie

Jamie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:07 AM

.20 & Ok thank you very much ill give it a go tomorrow :)

Edited by Jamie, 12 December 2011 - 03:58 PM.

#4 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,880 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 12 December 2011 - 05:09 PM

Don't cut off too much.  You will more than likely only need to take off a razor thin slice.

#5 greatwatermelon

greatwatermelon

I Break GUNS!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 04:15 AM

Try heavier bb's first before trying to modify the bucking... In fact, I'm not too comfortable with the idea of cutting a tiny bit of the nub off.

#6 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,595 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:10 AM

Jamie:

I have re-read my post and just to be clear, having to modify the nub would be a last resort if all else fails.  I'm hoping that it's something that can be rectified with heavier BB's, like GW mentioned, or re-seating the nub.  There have been instances where the nub has been too long though and people have resorted to replacing it cutting it down.

Regardless, let us know what you find so that we can help if needed.

#7 Jamie

Jamie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 10:18 AM

Oh yeah ill try heavier ammo and reseting the nub, but i'll wait till saturday until i get my site's tech to do reset the nub :) Thanks once again guys.

#8 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,595 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 10:22 AM

He'll know if it's too long or something else...at least he should.  Good luck and let us know the outcome.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hop problem, barrel, help, me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users