1 reply to this topic

#1 lpesce

lpesce

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 12:40 PM

I made a short presentation on YouTube about the P226, and from it, I received an email from a viewer:

"Can you do me a favor by checking these issues on your KWA P226?

1. Does the hammer bounces back-and-forth a little bit when you dry-fire (no gas) it from a cocked/hammer back position?
2. After you press the trigger (again, dry fire), don't release the trigger and hold it at the most rearward position; does your hammer have an inward play toward the slide?
3. Try to dry fire twice with the muzzle of the pistol toward ground. Does the hammer function after the 1st pull of the trigger?

Thank you very much. "

I tested both P226 I own and indeed I found

1- yes
2- yes
3- no

Of course I consider these minor issues, as these are only while dry firing (no mag), but wanted to make you aware and whether you had any answers or comments.

Cheers
Leo

#2 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 March 2009 - 02:51 PM

lpesce, on Feb 25 2009, 12:40 PM, said:

I made a short presentation on YouTube about the P226, and from it, I received an email from a viewer:

"Can you do me a favor by checking these issues on your KWA P226?

1. Does the hammer bounces back-and-forth a little bit when you dry-fire (no gas) it from a cocked/hammer back position?
2. After you press the trigger (again, dry fire), don't release the trigger and hold it at the most rearward position; does your hammer have an inward play toward the slide?
3. Try to dry fire twice with the muzzle of the pistol toward ground. Does the hammer function after the 1st pull of the trigger?

Thank you very much. "

I tested both P226 I own and indeed I found

1- yes
2- yes
3- no

Of course I consider these minor issues, as these are only while dry firing (no mag), but wanted to make you aware and whether you had any answers or comments.

Cheers
Leo

If you ever held a REAL P226.  You will find it's got the SAME springy hammer as well.  It is NOT an issue with our gun.   <_<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users