• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 brickman93

brickman93

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 04:52 PM

I guess this one is pretty simple. can atp mags work in the FPG? i will buy one if they can, but if not, an mp9 it is for me.

#2 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,877 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 08 December 2011 - 06:09 PM

Yes the ATP mags will work with the FPG but you will have to use the Magpul magazine base plate.  The one on the ATP will get in the way if you try to use it as is on the FPG.

#3 Paullouisj

Paullouisj

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Real Steel shooting and tactics.

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:46 AM

Has it been confirmed that the ATP magazine baseplate can be swapped for the Magpul FPG baseplate with proper fit?
And if so are the Magpul FPG base plates same as M series baseplates as in same dimensions?  Thx

#4 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,877 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:09 AM

The 2 mags baseplate you have mentioned are interchangeable.  And they are compatible so those mags will work in both guns.

#5 Paullouisj

Paullouisj

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Real Steel shooting and tactics.

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:16 PM

Thank you nikogypsy so I take it the Magpul FPG baseplates are what we will use for  M series mag replacement base plates also?

#6 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,877 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:35 PM

View PostPaullouisj, on 05 April 2012 - 01:16 PM, said:

Thank you nikogypsy so I take it the Magpul FPG baseplates are what we will use for  M series mag replacement base plates also?
The base plates may be interchangeable but the FPG MAGPUL and M series are not the same.

#7 thatguyx

thatguyx

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:38 PM

Just to support niko_gpsy, I have tried the M-series mags, ATP mags, M-series extended mags, AABB extended mags, and FPG mags in my FPG.  

All the extended 49~rd magazines will work no problem, the only issue is that you cannot use the "+2" style base plates and fold the gun.  The original M-series and Magpul FPG base plates will fold into the receiver nicely.

As for the standard 23rd magazines, the M-series and ATP mags both fit and function properly.  However, neither the M-series original base plates (the ones with the hole for gas charging) nor the "+2" style base plates will work.  They just don't clear the very bottom of the pistol grip, so the magazine will not lock into place.  I supposed you could sand the mag well from the inside, but I wouldn't.  If you want to use 23rd magazines, you should purchase the Magpul FPG base plates or just use no base plates at all.

Edited by thatguyx, 08 April 2012 - 09:41 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users