6 replies to this topic

#1 ThrasherJKL

ThrasherJKL

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 05:32 PM

Just got my ATP in (Very Smexy) and I put her down for a moment after firing a few rounds.
When I picked her back up, I went to take the slide off to check a few things and noticed that from the time I set her down to the moment I went to take the slide off, the guide rod was thrown off course!
Oh woe is me :cry:

*EDIT* further detail...

I cant get the slide off now.

When I can get the slide in the furthest forward position, the hammer wont stay locked back and the slide will be stuck.
Im not sure what I did to mess this up but any help would be Awesome and GREATLY appreciated!

Has anyone been successful in reversing this tragic nuisance?

Thanks in advanced!

Edited by ThrasherJKL, 06 December 2011 - 06:26 PM.

#2 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,886 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 06 December 2011 - 06:12 PM

You can change the guide rod to a metal one like I did. I purchased the one for M17 made by Guarder for $10. A very good investment in my opinion.

#3 ThrasherJKL

ThrasherJKL

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 06:24 PM

that would be great but i forgot to add one bit of detail...

I cant get the slide off until I fix this issue :(

When I can get the slide in the furthest forward position, the hammer wont stay locked back and the slide will be stuck.
Im not sure what I did to mess this up but any help would be Awesome and GREATLY appreciated!

And i think ill change to a metal guide rod possibly

#4 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,886 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 06 December 2011 - 06:31 PM

Mine did that a few times when new. I got mine off by racking the gun back and forth several times and pushing down on the part of the barrel where the mock ejection port is located with my thumb while trying pull the slide off.  Be warned though. This can possibly damage the guide rod if you are not careful.

#5 ThrasherJKL

ThrasherJKL

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 06:49 PM

FIXED!!!

Figured out what it was...

I noticed that the hammer wouldnt lock back like previously noted. I also noticed how the trigger would move when i was able to move the slide.

What I did...

While the slide was moveable, i held the trigger forward and was able to pull the slide off!

What happened was the hammer wouldnt lock back. What I did was held the Trigger forward which held the hammer back enough to take the slide off.

Hope this helps anyone else who might have had the same issue!

P.S. Thanks for the help though Niko!

Edited by ThrasherJKL, 06 December 2011 - 08:27 PM.

#6 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,886 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 07:47 PM

Good job!
So was it your recoil spring rod causing the slide lock?

#7 ThrasherJKL

ThrasherJKL

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 08:27 PM

Thank you! And I dont believe so now that I think about it. Could have had a part in it but it was mainly the hammer that was preventing the slide from coming off.

Any way Mods can change the name of a thread? If so, can we change this one to "Stuck slide *FIXED*" or something to that nature?

Edited by ThrasherJKL, 06 December 2011 - 08:27 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users