• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 wolfgang096

wolfgang096

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 01:30 PM

So i was at a very small airsoft shop in my local area and i asked them about the kmp9's and THEY said that its a bad gun stay away because after a while the gun with blow out the back end of the action because of the cycle rate. idk if this is true i have yet to get mine. is this guy a tard or is this a problem? this guy runs the shop as the gas gun "expert" and the aeg "expert" looks something like mr miyagi with a bad lazy eye lol im just telling you what they told me. what say you?

#2 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,878 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 04 December 2011 - 02:17 PM

Hmmm.........that is the first time I heard of that. lol

#3 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2011 - 02:24 PM

I wonder if he is an authorized KWA dealer. :shocked:

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,567 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 04 December 2011 - 02:51 PM

I have not heard nor seen this either.

Regarding my personal experience, I have run around 2500 rounds at 400+ FPS with no issues other than a disconnector spring adjustment.  I have since lowered the FPS to around 335 and am cycling between 22-23 RPS.  This, buy the way, is with a non-KWA approved after market flute valve.  I have tried two different cylinder and piston configurations and the KWA low-power bolt.  And with around 4000 - 5000 rounds through the gun of rapid fire torcher, the most I have been able to do is blow-out the cylinder return springs (due to my installation error!).  So I've actually started running the gun without them (this is not recommended).  The gun is a monster and running just fine.

#5 wolfgang096

wolfgang096

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 04:19 PM

no he is not a kwa dealer its just a local store out of this market thing about 45 mins away from me. i don't really listen to them much because every time i walk in and ask about a gun its not a good gun to them for some reason. i do not trust them as far as i can throw them.  i just figured you guys like to hear it. he was also talking about some kinda 1 mp9 or something. to tell the truth i think the guy was talking out his a**. after he told me not to get the mp9 (still going to by the way) he tried to say i should get some kinda co2 uzi i don't remember what it was after he dogged the mp9 i kinda tuned him out.

#6 bid2630

bid2630

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 06:14 PM

View Postwolfgang096, on 04 December 2011 - 04:19 PM, said:

to tell the truth i think the guy was talking out his a**. after he told me not to get the mp9 (still going to by the way) he tried to say i should get some kinda co2 uzi i don't remember what it was after he dogged the mp9 i kinda tuned him out.

You should always remember to ask yourself what are the motivations of the person who is providing advice or "help."  As a non-authorized KWA dealer, he may not have access to KWAs on a regular basis and it does not pay to promote a product he does not carry.  Perhaps he is recommending the Uzi since he carries it.  Maybe he is providing an honest opinion based on his experience, limited or otherwise.  Motives are something you need to consider whenever you deal with someone, whether you know them or not. With friends you can be much less skeptical.  I often feign lack of knowledge to ascertain how much, if any, BS or downright false information a salesperson will give me in order to be "helpful" in my decision making process.

#7 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,567 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 04 December 2011 - 06:17 PM

View Postbid2630, on 04 December 2011 - 06:14 PM, said:

You should always remember to ask yourself what are the motivations of the person who is providing advice or "help."  As a non-authorized KWA dealer, he may not have access to KWAs on a regular basis and it does not pay to promote a product he does not carry.  Perhaps he is recommending the Uzi since he carries it.  Maybe he is providing an honest opinion based on his experience, limited or otherwise.  Motives are something you need to consider whenever you deal with someone, whether you know them or not. With friends you can be much less skeptical.  I often feign lack of knowledge to ascertain how much, if any, BS or downright false information a salesperson will give me in order to be "helpful" in my decision making process.
Yea, I like to play dumb too!  Ain't it fun?  Happened to me the other day....but that's another story.

#8 bid2630

bid2630

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 06:27 PM

View Postgcw360, on 04 December 2011 - 06:17 PM, said:

Ain't it fun?  

Yes it can be!  Undoubtedly!!

#9 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,567 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 06:36 PM

View Postbid2630, on 04 December 2011 - 06:27 PM, said:

Yes it can be!  Undoubtedly!!
Off topic, bid2630, you have a MK III ans MK IV. I am just curious what drove you that way?

#10 bid2630

bid2630

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 06:59 PM

I should clarify for causing you some confusion.  The Mk III is my son's.  We both visually like the skirt on the grip.  And, since the barrel is generally covered up, the conical barrel didn't make a difference.  I personally prefer the single stack and find 14 bbs to be enough for most situations.  When it is not enough I just carry extra mags.

#11 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,567 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 07:29 PM

Cool thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users