#1 Mars478

Mars478

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 03:01 PM

Hello.

Purchased a Used MAC-11 NS2 from eBay a while ago. Worked fine and had one mag. It was pretty great, but now it doesn't fire. Used a combo of Green Gas and some Propane with Silicone oil. Relubed and stripped and it seems to me like it's not hitting the valve on the magazine. Any ideas? I've been meaning to sell it for a while, soI might sell it for like 80$ if it's not a cheap fix. Ideas?

#2 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 04 December 2011 - 07:23 AM

Two of my magazines have had the same issue. Put a drop of silicon oil- pure silicon oil, not the spray- on to the gas release valve. Push the valve in a few times and it will work- eventually it won't. Sooner or later you may want to pick up:
http://store.kwausa....leasevalve.aspx
and buy the key to replace the valves.

#3 Mars478

Mars478

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 03:16 PM

That didn't work...

#4 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 05:57 PM

Replace the valves then.

#5 Mars478

Mars478

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 02:39 PM

View PostOutlaw1995, on 04 December 2011 - 05:57 PM, said:

Replace the valves then.
Valve works fine!

#6 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,715 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 05 December 2011 - 02:44 PM

You can always send it in for repair.

#7 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 03:01 PM

You have the same problem that I have. Your valve when under pressure is too stiff for the valve knocker to hit it. Release some of the gas before inserting the mag via the gas release valve. If you want to fix it, it is your gas release valve. You can also send it in to KWA for repair- like GCW said.

#8 Mars478

Mars478

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:06 PM

View PostOutlaw1995, on 05 December 2011 - 03:01 PM, said:

You have the same problem that I have. Your valve when under pressure is too stiff for the valve knocker to hit it. Release some of the gas before inserting the mag via the gas release valve. If you want to fix it, it is your gas release valve. You can also send it in to KWA for repair- like GCW said.
I put little gas in and it still doesn't work.

How much is that? I paid 90$ for this and if I can sell it for around that without shelling out the 45$ I'd prefer that. Or if anyone had specific instructions on how to repair it I can do it myself.

#9 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 06:17 PM

Buy the valves, link above, and the valve key. There are no videos from when I searched, just take apart your upper magazine assembly, then use the valve key to remove the valve and install a fresh valve.

If this is too hard, or just lazy like I am, you may want to just sell your M11.

#10 petesamek

petesamek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 02:31 PM

I have a similar issue, when I took the gun apart, it seems to be the "impact block housing spring" part #74 and whatever part #75 is called - it's the other tiny spring. When the gun fires, one BB will shoot and you need to cock it again to make it fire, it's basically like a gas powered spring gun, not the fastest shooting power-house. The springs make the little lever that hits the valve on the magazine to release the gas and fire the gun, fails to engage. It's an easy fix only, what ever part "#75" is, is not for sale? it's a tiny spring and without it my gun is useless. Is there any way to get this part. It seems silly to buy a junk-parts gun just for this fifty cent spring. KWA still makes them, they just don't seem to sell them. Please help. Thanks!

#11 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,715 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 15 January 2012 - 03:36 PM

Part 75 is the Impact Block Spring.  I bet if you call KWA at 626-581-1777 they will sell you one assuming it is in stock.  Note that KWA is on west coast time and open between 8:30a-5:30p.  Tomorrow is a holiday but I am not certain they are closed.

#12 Hobopaul

Hobopaul

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:51 PM

Just came across this issue as well. Not sure how to tell if the impact block is working or lined up properly. All I know is no gas is releasing from the mag. The valve is pretty easy to push in too so I don't think it is the valve. Plus the gun is less than a week old.

#13 Hobopaul

Hobopaul

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:15 PM

Did some more investigating and Petesamek is right. There is a tiny spring that holds up the valve knocker so it can engage the gas release valve. For some reason, the spring has come of the stays and it is just hanging there. The knocker isnt lining up with the valve and no gas is being released.  Does anyone know how to take apart the lower reciever? I checked youtube to no avail.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users