• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 wolfgang096

wolfgang096

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 09:31 AM

Ok guy ive have looking at lease for a while now and i just got a few things that have been bugging me and i need to get off my chest.

1. The stock. Should i be worried at all if i do buy one and the stock just snapping off? I love the stock on it and i just don't want it to be a weak stock and it break because it would completely ruin the look of the gun for me.

2. i live in Indiana out in the sticks where airsoft hasn't really made its mark yet. so finding green gas for this gun would be extremely hard for me if i don't order it off a website that it will more then likely be out of stock anyway.  propane however is stupidly cheap out here and much easier to get. is it really really bad to run propane threw it? i see others doing it and i just don't understand the problem. do i do extra maintenance or what? can someone explain?

3. i play outdoors mostly but it is in and out of barns and stuff. So would you say the kmp9 would not have a problem reaching out and touching people if the need arises?

Sorry if i posted this is the wrong spot you guys seem to know the most about this thing and no one up till now has given me straight answers. i would appreciate your help thanks guys.
If i get the answers i am looking for ill be buying one as soon as i can.

#2 greatwatermelon

greatwatermelon

I Break GUNS!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 04:47 PM

1. The old KSC TMP were known to bend and snap. However, with the new KWA KMP9 NS2, the stock is robust and will not break off. Now, if you somehow managed to snap the stock off, you can contact KWA directly for the replacement part.

2. There's been quite a bit of topics on green gas vs. propane. Here's a few reasons, posted throughout various threads.

View Postniko_gpsy, on 16 October 2011 - 04:21 PM, said:

One of the main reason is that the NS2 gas system is designed/engineered around the green gas. From tests and members experiences, it seems that propane causes a harder cycling thus leading to eventual and premature wear/malfunction. So if a company that designs a product to work at certain specifications makes RECOMMENDATIONS, it's always wise to listen.

View PostxKingSizex, on 21 April 2011 - 03:47 AM, said:

[Propane] also has a higher psi which causes the gun to cycle harder than intended.

View PostSpiggy, on 13 April 2010 - 08:42 AM, said:

The problematic guns I've encountered at the tech center are generally propane or aerosol victims

View Postallizard, on 12 April 2010 - 08:45 AM, said:

KWA official stance is we don't recommend using Propane.  It's not because the gun can't take Propane.  It can, but the problem is Propane is dry. How much lubrication is require is NOT measurable.   Besides, we are now suspecting over lubing or the type of oil use may contribute to bucking swelling up and jam the bbs.  Be careful what you use, it might void your warranty.

I can understand that finding green gas is more difficult for people to find around them locally. However, green gas is fairly easy to find online and is not even close to being sold out. If you simply google or use amazon, you will come up with several searches that sell green gas at a decent price and ground ship. If you are still contemplating, I'll strongly advice you at least use green gas first before you possibly try experimenting with propane down the road, as more risks should be expected with propane. The last thing that you want to happen is void your KMP9's warranty immediately by using propane, and then possibly breaking your KMP9 within those 45 days. (FYI, even after the 45 day warranty is up, KWA still offers repair and customer services for their customers.)  

3. I've been seeing more and more KWA SMG's being used in urban terrain where it goes from close quarters to outdoors, so it can very well work just fine for you. But to also consider, it also depends who you are up against, and the temperature during the season. KWA's can still perform fairly well in the cold, shown in a youtube videos, but the gas guns do perform best during a warm day. A properly maintained KMP9 should perform normally at 380-410 fps, and range 120+ ft effectively.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users