• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 azzauzi

azzauzi

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Interests:Gearwhoring, Milsim, KWA, food, travel, archery/bowhunting.

Posted 01 December 2011 - 11:20 AM

Came across this, looks alright. may or may not be an earlier model/version without revisions, as the mag compatability issue was aparant. Will hold out for U.S. non pts version lol.

Edited by azzauzi, 01 December 2011 - 11:20 AM.

#2 Guest_Radix_*

Guest_Radix_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 December 2011 - 01:35 PM

He is comparing a KSC Japan version (M4A1) with a KWA Asia version (Magpul PTS).  The US models will be very different from both KSC & KWA Asia models in terms of specs (ATF requirements) and performance.

#3 azzauzi

azzauzi

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Interests:Gearwhoring, Milsim, KWA, food, travel, archery/bowhunting.

Posted 01 December 2011 - 03:04 PM

View PostRadix, on 01 December 2011 - 01:35 PM, said:

He is comparing a KSC Japan version (M4A1) with a KWA Asia version (Magpul PTS).  The US models will be very different from both KSC & KWA Asia models in terms of specs (ATF requirements) and performance.

Thanks for the clarification!

#4 Sloth00>

Sloth00>

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 01:31 PM

i just bought one less then a week ago, and i love everything about it except.......plastic air nozzle...mine is already chipped due to mag double feeding and the bb got caught outside the hopup and bam, nozzle was chipped....i hope to get an upgraded version of the nozzle at the pro shop if possible or at least a replacement one, but down side is kwa usa wont deal with me until the gun hits stateside lol, im all good with that, just sad i have to wait a month to get it going again

#5 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,882 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 06 December 2011 - 03:50 PM

Where did you buy yours?

#6 Sloth00>

Sloth00>

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 04:10 PM

ehobby, 500 dollars later and i have awesomness...minus the nozzle and stuff, but im sure that they will come out with a metal one.......hopefully...

i already expected myself to be a guinie pig for experimentation...all i want are 3 things for this gun...metal nozzle, single stack mag feeding lip (to reduce double feeding slips..as i have had many so far and its how my nozzle got screwed up) and finally...extra mags lol

Edited by Sloth00>, 06 December 2011 - 05:09 PM.

#7 xKingSizex

xKingSizex

Customer Service Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts
  • Interests:Umm, airsoft...

Posted 06 December 2011 - 05:26 PM

US version mags most likely will not be compatible with the version you have since it is not US legal. Not sure on the other components yet...

#8 Sloth00>

Sloth00>

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 11:25 AM

ill probly buy mags from ehobby...unfortunately....but the smart thing to do would be (and i hate compareing) to do like what WE did and make seperate feeding lips for single feed on top to solve the feeding issues for some of us that might have been guinea pigs lol...and as for the nozzle, metal would be nice...but as long as the nozzle is metal i dont care too much for the feed lip, although it would make the gun more accurate probably

edit: actually, if the feeding lip changed, i wouldent worry about the nozzle lol

Edited by Sloth00>, 07 December 2011 - 11:31 AM.

#9 Grindstone

Grindstone

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 12:59 PM

View PostxKingSizex, on 06 December 2011 - 05:26 PM, said:

US version mags most likely will not be compatible with the version you have since it is not US legal. Not sure on the other components yet...
I was under the impression from a statement from Allizard on Arnies that the mags from the KSC version would be cross compatible.

#10 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,882 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 07 December 2011 - 01:16 PM

View PostGrindstone, on 07 December 2011 - 12:59 PM, said:

I was under the impression from a statement from Allizard on Arnies that the mags from the KSC version would be cross compatible.
I think that statement was made before a slight design change because of pending ATF approval.

#11 xKingSizex

xKingSizex

Customer Service Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts
  • Interests:Umm, airsoft...

Posted 07 December 2011 - 01:22 PM

Possible, but still not sure.

#12 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 07 December 2011 - 01:54 PM

KWA probably changed the design of the magwell- and made the mags a little slimmer to not allow real 5.56 mags.... idk lol

#13 Sloth00>

Sloth00>

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 01:58 PM

the magpul ksc mags look identical to mine...that being said the feeding muzzle is only a hair different by way of the O-ring on the back of mine versus none on the ksc...like i said, if the feeding lip on the mags were able to be switched to single fed instead of double stack, there wouldent need to be a metal nozzle, cause it wouldent jam..and i couldent even talk to the phone service cause mine is through kwa asia branch lol...i know cause i tried yesterday, the woman said that the gun hasent come out yet and since mine was from HK, i couldent do anything...

#14 Grindstone

Grindstone

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 08:16 AM

View Postniko_gpsy, on 07 December 2011 - 01:16 PM, said:

I think that statement was made before a slight design change because of pending ATF approval.
He posted that in a thread about the LM4 and AKG having been approved by the ATF

http://www.arniesair...ost__p__2491991

View Postallizard, on 04 October 2011 - 12:52 AM, said:

Magpul Edition LM4 P-mag will fit KSC M4A1.   I believe they want to release Magpul Edition in Japan as well.

Maybe he's reffering to the Asian version LM4 in the thread, but that seems to be either unlikely or misleading on his part considering the topic at hand.

#15 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, photography, cars, computers.

Posted 08 December 2011 - 03:52 PM

Do you guys over at KWA have any idea when you'll be sending the LM4 demo's over to the US retailers like Airsoft Gi and or Evike? And possibly the smaller retailers as well?

#16 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2011 - 04:02 PM

Humm.... we normally do not send prototype guns to dealers.  (ATP is the only exception)

#17 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, photography, cars, computers.

Posted 08 December 2011 - 04:23 PM

View Postallizard, on 08 December 2011 - 04:02 PM, said:

Humm.... we normally do not send prototype guns to dealers.  (ATP is the only exception)

How about to consumers? Haha, just kidding there. But I mean like a unit for photo's, reviews, or something like that to the dealers?
Or does that just come when the normal shipment comes?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users