• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, photography, cars, computers.

Posted 28 November 2011 - 06:30 PM

Hi, I have a KWA NS2 KMP9 which is a really great gun, shoots hard, and almost always works great. I have some questions about it though.
When I shoot it on full auto with what I think to be is a full mag, as the gas empties out, the ROF slows. This happens when I shoot the whole mag on one burst. The ROF is just not consistent, Im not sure if theirs anything I can do to fix this, or if its a known issue.
Also, sometimes, when their is a mag in the gun, I will attempt to pull the bolt back, but the bolt will just get stuck tight halfway through, when Im trying to pull it. When this happens, I am not able to pull the trigger fully, or release the mag, and I am forced to either push the bolt back forward, field strip it, or pull very hard on the bolt.
Ive taken it apart before and their doesn't seem to be anything out of the ordinary.
THis happens with both of my mags!

Is there anything I need to do to fix this?

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,509 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 28 November 2011 - 06:52 PM

Hi aaps59 welcome to the forum - The drop in the ROF is probably due to mag cool down.  This is far less likely to occur on a warm day in the spring or summer and is really to be expected until then or unless you are indoors in a warm environment.

Regarding the bolt issue, I have not heard of this before nor have I experienced it with my MP9.  If it continues I would recommend sending the gun to KWA for repair.

Hope this helps.

#3 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 09:15 PM

Thanks for the welcome. Alright I'm happy about the ROF problem. I may or may not be putting it out on the market soon (for a M9 PTP, tornado grenade, or other future airsoft needs), so if I were to, I just want to make sure this stuff wasn't major.

#4 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 09:18 PM

Also, I see you're from NJ, do you do a lot of Airsofting in NJ?
I usually (unfortunately) go to Godfather's field up north in NJ, which you've probably have heard pretty much sucks.
If you could recommend something better?
Ive tried the Strikeforce Indoor in Long Island, and want to try Godfather's new indoor, and Stryker indoor.

Really looking for somewhere better, and also a better retail shop too, to buy my guns from. Rather than having to wait for them to come in from Airsoft GI, which doesn't always work out the way I hope.

Thanks

#5 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,509 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:53 AM

View Postaaps59, on 28 November 2011 - 09:18 PM, said:

Also, I see you're from NJ, do you do a lot of Airsofting in NJ?
I usually (unfortunately) go to Godfather's field up north in NJ, which you've probably have heard pretty much sucks.
If you could recommend something better?
Ive tried the Strikeforce Indoor in Long Island, and want to try Godfather's new indoor, and Stryker indoor.

Really looking for somewhere better, and also a better retail shop too, to buy my guns from. Rather than having to wait for them to come in from Airsoft GI, which doesn't always work out the way I hope.

Thanks
Stryker is has a nice indoor facility.  They are new and the people there are nice.  My son has played there a number of times and likes it. Regarding where to get your stuff,  there are several authorized resellers in NJ.  If you are in the Hackettstown area, come visit Cobra 1 Tactical.  Keith, Bud, or myself can help you out.  I tech for them in my spare time.  PM me and I can give you more information.

#6 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:56 AM

Alright thanks for the info. Do you know of any good outdoors? Ive only done CQB once, and most of my guns shoot over the average CQB limit.
I have a stock SR10, and a Combat Machine with Magpul parts.
I really want to try and make a CQB load out.
My dream CQB load out:
SR5/downgraded SR7, RVG and flashlight
M9 PTP
Impact Tornado grenade

But that stuff is all pretty expensive. =/

#7 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,875 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 09:29 PM

My CQB load out is:

Vest
2 high cap mags
SR5 w/ tracer unit
And maybe a pistol

You definitely want to be light on your feet for CQB.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: KMP9, NS2, Rate of Fire, Bolt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users