• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 scottdsp748

scottdsp748

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 01:04 PM

I attempted to remove the stock from my KMP9, and ran into an unexpected issue.  The allen screw that holds the stock on turns freely but does not back out.  It seems that the most likely cause is that the threads it screws into are rotating in place, since the screw does not appear to be broken and won't be pulled out.  Has anyone else encountered this, and if so, are there any easy ways to secure the threaded insert to allow removal of the screw without damaging the lower receiver of the gun?

#2 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,878 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 28 November 2011 - 03:31 PM

I would have to check and get back to you. I have never tried to remove the stock on my MP9r before.

#3 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,567 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 28 November 2011 - 03:40 PM

As you turn the screw is it staying flush with where it is seated?  It only backs out about 1/4" then you need to pull it the rest of the way.

#4 scottdsp748

scottdsp748

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 08:21 PM

View Postgcw360, on 28 November 2011 - 03:40 PM, said:

As you turn the screw is it staying flush with where it is seated?  It only backs out about 1/4" then you need to pull it the rest of the way.

It's staying flush.  Doesn't appear to be backing out at all.  I am guessing that it doesn't thread straight into the composite, and there's an insert that it goes into that's able to rotate freely on mine.  Not sure though since I've never seen one with the stock removed, nor is it apparent from the parts diagram.

#5 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,567 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 28 November 2011 - 08:54 PM

Well, from what you are saying, something is stripped.  I would try other methods of extraction.  Though what I am thinking wouldn't be... pretty.  It might involve drilling the screw and pulling it with a specialized tool.  If you are up for that we can discuss it further.

#6 scottdsp748

scottdsp748

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 09:09 PM

What I guess I really need to know at this point is weather or not there is an insert that the screw threads into or not.  If there is, I may have other options. Such as drilling a tiny hole perpendicular to the insert and using friction from the drill bit point to hold it still while removing the screw. If it's screwing directly into threads in the plastic, they're clearly stripped and I have to decide weather or not to go through with removal.

#7 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,567 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:02 AM

For that information it would be best to call KWA in and ask for tech assistance. 626-581-1777

#8 ColdFire047

ColdFire047

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 01:13 PM

hey guys just came a cross this topic an think I can help you out if you havnt already got the issue sorted.
I removed the stock on my MP9 (wont lock with forgrip on and i dont use it) the allen bolt just threads into the nylon material, there is no threaded insert in the bottom side of the stock.
i think you may have striped the threads in the lower half so it cant back out. Perhaps try some blue/white tack on the allen key so the bolt can stick to it then you can try and pull it back enough to grab with pliers?

#9 Tork

Tork

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Interests:Health, guns, cars,combat sports, girls.

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:21 PM

View PostColdFire047, on 13 December 2011 - 01:13 PM, said:

i think you may have striped the threads in the lower half so it cant back out. Perhaps try some blue/white tack on the allen key so the bolt can stick to it then you can try and pull it back enough to grab with pliers?

x2 Or maybe something similar like the allen wrench, adn gorilla glue to the screw..?  You could maybe get a really tiny standard screwdrver under it but that'd muck up your nylon stuff.  Hope you get it figured out man.

#10 Milkshake

Milkshake

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:23 PM

Personally I'd just put the smallest drop of super glue on the tip of the allen key and once you get it out just pull them apart.

#11 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,567 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:47 AM

I'm pretty sure this is a dead thread...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users