3 replies to this topic

#1 thecaramelcamel

thecaramelcamel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:19 PM

I have had the my kmp9 for several months now and recently the trigger has started locking. Today I went out and shot it and the trigger started locking a lot and then I pulled the trigger and it didn't release the hammer. Because the hammer did not release I disassembled the gun and couldn't figure out what was wrong. After putting the gun back together I went on this forum to see if I could get any answers as to why my gun was not working correctly and I found out that it was a problem with a spring and the solution was to stretch it out. I personally don't know a lot about gas guns and would rather send the gun in to get fixed. Because I have owned my gun for a while I don't think my warranty is still valid and was wondering if I could still send it in to get fixed.

#2 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,881 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 23 November 2011 - 04:44 AM

You can always send the gun in for repair.  You can start the process by starting a repair ticket on the helpdesk. http://www.kwausa.com/support/

Then you will be given instructions on how to proceed.  Hope this helps.

#3 thecaramelcamel

thecaramelcamel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft

Posted 23 November 2011 - 04:37 PM

thanks for the help :)

#4 SLS

SLS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 01:15 PM

Instead of stretching the spring, I took a bic pen, the one that has the perfect cylindrical tube, and cut about 1 inch off it and placed the one inch piece between the spring and the guide rod which solved the problem for me.  To do this, just remove the front screw above the barrel, press in the guide rod on the back of the upper receiver (watch out for the spring, sometimes it shoots out), remove the upper receiver, separate the spring and the guide rod, insert the piece of the pen, then reassemble.
Scott

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users