31 replies to this topic

#1 Outdoormongoose

Outdoormongoose

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 06:50 PM

I'm saddened that I have to post this.

I got a new ATP from Evike last Thursday. I gassed it up, tested it, and noticed it wasn't recocking the hammer. I relubed it up and it fired the rest of the mag fine....so I thought. I took the gun to a game today and had the gun just explode on me. It started doing the same thing but stopped again suddenly. I started the game and this all happened;

At the end of the video it double fired and started working for a bit again. We took the gun back to the bench and looked at it. All the parts are where they should be and nothing appears to be wrong. The front spacer is facing the correct way and always was. The problems actually got worse. The slide completely locked up a few times and refused to move at all, then the gun went into full auto for a bit with an unloaded mag.

I don't know what's wrong with it. The contacts points show way more wear then they should, and I'm using high grade BBs.

Edited by Outdoormongoose, 19 November 2011 - 07:55 PM.

#2 xX Chaotic Cam

xX Chaotic Cam

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft(no kidding?), real firearms, cars.

Posted 19 November 2011 - 09:55 PM

What kind of green gas are you using? /:

#3 Outdoormongoose

Outdoormongoose

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 11:16 PM

Well I found half the problem. My slide was getting stuck because one of the return springs was somehow pinned. My slide was only sliding at about half speed.

Still can't figure out why the hammer won't reset.

#4 xX Chaotic Cam

xX Chaotic Cam

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft(no kidding?), real firearms, cars.

Posted 20 November 2011 - 01:11 AM

View PostOutdoormongoose, on 19 November 2011 - 11:16 PM, said:

Well I found half the problem. My slide was getting stuck because one of the return springs was somehow pinned. My slide was only sliding at about half speed.

Still can't figure out why the hammer won't reset.
Try taking the gun apart and dry firing it a bunch. Also drop a drop or two of the lube that was included with your gun onto the firing mechanism. Keep me in touch as I was having the same problems and I know how it feels. :)

#5 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,665 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 20 November 2011 - 08:26 AM

xX Chaotic Cam is on the right track.  Oil the hammer assembly and trigger reset bar.  Work these parts in manually rather than dry firing.  In most cases this will solve your problem.  In a very small number of cases, the gun will need a repait at KWA.

Regarding the guide rod. If it continues to be an issue, I would replace it with a metal one.  I did, using an Element for KWA/KSC M17.  It comes with an enhanced spring which you will need to swap with the OEM spring.  It's a quick and easy fix, that to me is an upgrade, and costs about $10.00.

#6 Outdoormongoose

Outdoormongoose

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 04:45 PM

I gave the gun to a local repair shop.

The gun is currently DOA. It got to the point it wouldn't even manually cock the hammer nor come part.

#7 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,665 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 20 November 2011 - 04:48 PM

That's probably the spring guide that is misaligned.  It's easy to fix buy simply pulling it forward with the slide back.  That said, sorry for your problems.  I would highly suggest you send the gun to KWA to be fixed.  Especially since it's a warranty repair based on what you posted.

#8 Outdoormongoose

Outdoormongoose

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 04:57 PM

The hammer on the gun just refused to ready. It got to the point that manually cocking the gun didn't pull the hammer back so the slide couldn't come off. The hammer stayed up and blocked the slide.

#9 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,665 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 05:04 PM

View PostOutdoormongoose, on 20 November 2011 - 04:57 PM, said:

The hammer on the gun just refused to ready. It got to the point that manually cocking the gun didn't pull the hammer back so the slide couldn't come off. The hammer stayed up and blocked the slide.
Sorry, I misunderstood.  That's one I haven't heard...really. Would like to hear what the resolution is.

#10 Outdoormongoose

Outdoormongoose

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 05:12 PM

It's fine, even the tech looked a bit surprised it was doing it. He did something and managed to replicate it without firing it.

If it was an AEG, or my MP7, I would have RMA'd it....but it's a pistol.

#11 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,665 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 05:43 PM

Understood.

#12 Outdoormongoose

Outdoormongoose

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:21 PM

It must have a bad part somewhere I don't notice.

I completely tore down the gun, reset everything, glued part 88 down, glued the rubber space in place, RC shocked everything...all the springs were in place and working. I'll find what the cause was sometime during the week from the repair shop.

From my perspective, it seemed like the problem lied in the firing area. Before it DOA'd, it started to become very inconsistent with gas and return slide speed.

It's not gonna deter me from KWA though. My mp7 is, by far, the gun I like the most.

Edited by Outdoormongoose, 20 November 2011 - 07:22 PM.

#13 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,665 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 08:52 PM

I'm guessing once your ATP is fixed you'll love it.  It is my "go-to" pistol at the moment.

#14 Outdoormongoose

Outdoormongoose

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:28 PM

Well, I got the gun back from the shop(the turn around time was going to be weeks).

I did everything possible and nothing. Even after wearing down the hammer and firing area it was still jamming. It was also spewing out the gas and locking on me. I got mad at it, swore at it, then gave it a good hit on the right side with my hand.....and bam! The gun was cycling fine, but just not slide locking. Manually setting it once fixed that issue.

It's working now. There must have been some part that wasn't set right or out of place slightly.

#15 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,665 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 06:45 AM

Whatever works.  Sometimes, like you said, it can be a "slight adjustment" that will do the trick.

#16 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,882 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 26 November 2011 - 10:20 AM

View Postgcw360, on 26 November 2011 - 06:45 AM, said:

Whatever works.  Sometimes, like you said, it can be a "slight adjustment" that will do the trick.
Nothing a Sledge Hammer and a Blow torch can't handle................. :showoff: lol

#17 Outdoormongoose

Outdoormongoose

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 04:08 PM

The ATP is now gone....to be more precise....it was smashed into a truck bed and destroyed.

It was working fine then just blew up on me again. Jamming, not firing, stuck hammer, and the slide wouldn't come off. It was then removed with extreme force breaking the magazine striker* and bending the hammer box.

I can tell you the problem was with the hammer. Slide comes right off with no issues now.

Edited by Outdoormongoose, 27 November 2011 - 04:09 PM.

#18 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,665 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 05:01 PM

So, with all due respect, why didn't you send the gun it to KWA for a repair?

#19 Outdoormongoose

Outdoormongoose

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 05:20 PM

Cost comparison;

If I buy a new ATP I'll spend about 100-110(online sales), reduce that by 30 since I'll be *technically* getting an extra mag. So I'm realistically spending 70-80. I'll also have a much better chance of not getting a lemon like this one. I could sell the parts and get even more cut down.

If I send it in to KWA I'm looking at 1 week there, ? repair, 1 week back. I'll be getting back the same gun I've had issues with and all the unknown damage caused by the malfunctions.

So, I'd rather destroy it and let some anger out then deal with it anymore.

#20 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,665 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 06:08 PM

Whatever makes you happy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users