6 replies to this topic

#1 optimuskmg

optimuskmg

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 10:34 AM

ive seen this somehwere else. poeple are saying its just the part but i was wondering what i should lube to sdtop the pistol from venting.

also, what lube is a good to subsititute of the stuff that came with the gun? i went a little.... crazy... the first day i got it and may or may not have over lubed it a bit  :blinded:  any suggestions?

Edited by optimuskmg, 19 November 2011 - 10:35 AM.

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,665 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 19 November 2011 - 03:18 PM

The lube you can use is 25wt shock oil purchased from an RC car shop.  I would wipe the gun down and make sure all parts are moving smoothly and have a light coating of lube without any dirt or debris that may be attracted by the oil.  If the gun still vents after this I would consider sending the gun in for a repair.  There are a small number of ATPs that lubing will not fix and will require repair out of the thousands sold to date.

Hope this helps.

#3 KWAnOOb

KWAnOOb

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Interests:AIRSOFT!

Posted 19 November 2011 - 06:13 PM

View Postgcw360, on 19 November 2011 - 03:18 PM, said:

The lube you can use is 25wt shock oil purchased from an RC car shop.  I would wipe the gun down and make sure all parts are moving smoothly and have a light coating of lube without any dirt or debris that may be attracted by the oil.  If the gun still vents after this I would consider sending the gun in for a repair.  There are a small number of ATPs that lubing will not fix and will require repair out of the thousands sold to date.

Hope this helps.

Can you use higher then 25 wt? Say 60??

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,665 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 19 November 2011 - 07:39 PM

I wouldn't recommend it.  And since it's really cheap, I would buy some 25wt if all you have is 60wt

#5 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,882 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 21 November 2011 - 01:02 PM

View PostKWAnOOb, on 19 November 2011 - 06:13 PM, said:

Can you use higher then 25 wt? Say 60??
You can use it without causing damage to the gun but it may be too thick for the gun to cycle normally.

#6 optimuskmg

optimuskmg

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 08:02 AM

sorry i didnt get back to you. went out and lubed the trigger mech,  re did the slides.. seems to be working quite nicely.  anyone know were to find a threaded outer barrel? prefereed TM or Gaurder but any will do.

#7 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,882 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 26 November 2011 - 10:18 AM

Those are hard to find in terms of availability.  Most places I have checked, both Asian and US sellers, are always out of stock.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ATP, Venting, Gas, Dumping Gas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users