• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Buzzkill

Buzzkill

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 07:33 PM

I just picked up my first KWA G36 from a friend. He bought it and only put a few bbs through it but never fielded it. First off I have to say.....oh man can this thing shoot! I used it the first round to try it out and I think by the end of the day if anyone had made me an offer on my other two guns, which I love, I would have taken it. The accuracy was unsurpassed and the happy chattering sound it makes while firing on full auto...well, it’s just awesome.

But to the point of the post:
Before the last round I was sitting on a table with the 36 in my lap. It happened to be sitting upside down and I looked down at the grip. I noticed at that time that there was no screw in the base where I thought there should be a motor adjustment screw like on my other guns. ((G&G SCAR and a TM G3). The gun had been firing fine all day and I didn’t think there was a problem till I saw the lack of screw. I just went through my manual and compared it to the schematic on line and they don’t match but either way I can’t tell if there should be a screw there or not.
I want to make sure that if there needs to be on that it gets in there but I don’t want to jam anything in there that doesn’t belong.

Any info would be appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,665 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 26 October 2011 - 02:55 AM

View PostBuzzkill, on 25 October 2011 - 07:33 PM, said:

I just picked up my first KWA G36 from a friend. He bought it and only put a few bbs through it but never fielded it. First off I have to say.....oh man can this thing shoot! I used it the first round to try it out and I think by the end of the day if anyone had made me an offer on my other two guns, which I love, I would have taken it. The accuracy was unsurpassed and the happy chattering sound it makes while firing on full auto...well, it’s just awesome.

But to the point of the post:
Before the last round I was sitting on a table with the 36 in my lap. It happened to be sitting upside down and I looked down at the grip. I noticed at that time that there was no screw in the base where I thought there should be a motor adjustment screw like on my other guns. ((G&G SCAR and a TM G3). The gun had been firing fine all day and I didn’t think there was a problem till I saw the lack of screw. I just went through my manual and compared it to the schematic on line and they don’t match but either way I can’t tell if there should be a screw there or not.
I want to make sure that if there needs to be on that it gets in there but I don’t want to jam anything in there that doesn’t belong.

Any info would be appreciated!
Thanks in advance!
Congratulations on your new G36C.  Yes, there should be a motor adjustment screw.  See here: http://kwausa.com/fi...A09V02_G36C.jpg

I don't see it listed in the Pro Shop so call for availability.  626-581-1777

#3 Buzzkill

Buzzkill

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 10:17 AM

Thanks for the link Guru.  It is different than the one I have in the manual.  I am not sure if I need part #175 or #182 however. I had a look inside the hole and I can see threads and I can also see the little silver disk that sits at the base of the motor which looks like it had a screw hitting it at one point.  I want to make sure I order the right part.

#4 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,882 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 01:04 PM

Part #175 seems to be the right one.

#5 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,665 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 26 October 2011 - 01:58 PM

If there is any doubt simple post a picture and we can respond accordingly.

#6 Buzzkill

Buzzkill

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:56 AM

well as I cant figure out how to put a pic in the forum here is the link to the pic I took.  Any info is helpful!
http://www.flickr.co.../in/photostream

#7 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,882 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 27 October 2011 - 11:00 AM

From the pic, it's part #175 you are missing.

#8 Buzzkill

Buzzkill

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:40 PM

so KWA is going to check the boneyard and hopefully come up with one.  If that fails, where would people suggest looking for a replacement?  I assume the old sayins 'parts is parts' applies in this situation so, anyone know what the dimensions of this screw are so that I can go to a hardware store and picking up a 'good enough' replacement?

#9 Buzzkill

Buzzkill

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 10:03 PM

KWA managed to find me a screw from the bone yard!  thanks KWA!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users