• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Mosh

Mosh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 05:33 PM

I am going to buy a kmp9 soon, and I heard that you have to insert the magazine with the bolt locked back because if you don't it may break some internals. Is this true? I was just wondering for when I get mine. Thanks! :thumbsup:

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,604 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 23 October 2011 - 05:49 PM

That's not an issue with the MP9 so far as I know.

#3 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,880 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 05:08 AM

View PostMosh, on 23 October 2011 - 05:33 PM, said:

I am going to buy a kmp9 soon, and I heard that you have to insert the magazine with the bolt locked back because if you don't it may break some internals. Is this true? I was just wondering for when I get mine. Thanks! :thumbsup:
I have neither experienced nor heard of such cases.  Where did you hear this?

#4 Mosh

Mosh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 12:18 PM

I got it from a youtube video, heres the link:

#5 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,880 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 12:24 PM

I have fired over 2K rounds through mine and just examined the loading nozzle to see if there are any signs of wear.  I have not noticed any damage or issues.  Has anyone else reported such cases?

#6 Mosh

Mosh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 12:27 PM

I havent heard of anything else, I was just wondering if it was true because I wouldnt want to break mine!

#7 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,880 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 12:31 PM

View PostMosh, on 24 October 2011 - 12:27 PM, said:

I havent heard of anything else, I was just wondering if it was true because I wouldnt want to break mine!
I got mine back in May of this year.  If there was a problem it must have been addressed since this video is about 8 months old.  I usually slam the heck out of my mags when I load with the bolt closed and no such issues to date so you are safe I think.

#8 Mosh

Mosh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 12:33 PM

Ok good to know, thanks for the help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users