• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,651 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 06 January 2012 - 07:29 PM

My point was that commercial propane is not simply comprised of propane and there is no way to guaranty what is in the propane mixture.  It has other ingredients and is not necessarily the same as green gas.  I have no idea if all green gas is of the same chemical makeup for that matter.  I do know that there are reports of failed KWA GBB guns using propane having a residue that has not been reported to occurred with green gas.  I also know that even if both gases were identical, there is little way to insure the correct amount of silicone added to a mixture of propane.  That said, I am in no way saying you shouldn't use propane, just that I don't. But to say they are the same is not necessarily fact.  I do caution people not to use propane and especially during the warranty period as the warranty will be voided.

#22 slips73

slips73

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 07:44 PM

That's true, I use propane mainly on the basis that no stores within 100 miles of me sell green gas, as to using propane I did extensive research as to the properties and while using there is a residue that does occur and is due to it being "dirtier" to put it in simple terms but altogether green gas is the same chemical as propane and both could have unknown additives so that being said this topic should be closed

#23 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,651 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 06 January 2012 - 07:55 PM

View Postslips73, on 06 January 2012 - 07:44 PM, said:

That's true, I use propane mainly on the basis that no stores within 100 miles of me sell green gas, as to using propane I did extensive research as to the properties and while using there is a residue that does occur and is due to it being "dirtier" to put it in simple terms but altogether green gas is the same chemical as propane and both could have unknown additives so that being said this topic should be closed
Rather than closing the thread, since we are off topic, let's give the members the chance to get back on topic.

#24 alanbolt

alanbolt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Anything with gears, circuits, levers, pulleys, propellers, wheels, a magazine, a trigger.

Posted 07 January 2012 - 06:55 AM

What was the question?

Edited by alanbolt, 07 January 2012 - 06:58 AM.

#25 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,882 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 07 January 2012 - 07:43 AM

View Postalanbolt, on 07 January 2012 - 06:55 AM, said:

What was the question?
Something about propane.......................and green gas..................................and stuff. :P

#26 philsaudio

philsaudio

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Interests:Playing Bass, Grandkids, camping

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:19 AM

A more scientific based discussion of the subject is covered here.

http://www.arniesair...pter_review.htm

More like what Abby would tell Gibbs and get a kiss on the cheek for.

#27 slips73

slips73

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:13 PM

exactly what i was saying there really is no difference in usage of propane ^^^^

#28 drpepper475

drpepper475

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:37 PM

i am having trouble with my mag as well. i have 3 brand new mags and they sometimes wont allow the last 10 bbs to get to the top of the mag. i lubed it and that didnt fix it.

#29 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,882 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 11 January 2012 - 08:25 PM

You may have to take the bb follower out and sand it a bit.  There may be very small burrs that's causing it to get stuck in the bb channel.

#30 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,651 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 08:29 PM

Yea, and don't lube the BB channel.  If that's what you did, I would wipe it out.  Oil tends to attract dirt and will foul the BBs up.

#31 drpepper475

drpepper475

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:19 PM

i oiled it then cleaned it and got a lot of dirt out. it works fine now thanks.

#32 Paul202

Paul202

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 07:35 AM

I know this is kind of a necro, but if you regularly clean your gun will it still fail on propane? From what I can figure off this thread, one bad effect of propane vs. green gas is that propane can leave gunk in your gun. But, if you clean your gun, won't this get rid of the gunk and leave it safe to use propane. Also, of your gun has a metal slide, won't that make it more durable to combat the high pressure of propane? Furthermore, will KSC guns stand up to prone better than KSC guns?

#33 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,651 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 07:58 AM

Is this a KSC or KWA question....just asking?  If you are off warranty, and want to use propane, have at it.  Let us know how the gun holds up.  I would give you a further opinion but I only use green gas.

#34 Paul202

Paul202

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:09 AM

View Postgcw360, on 27 January 2012 - 07:58 AM, said:

Is this a KSC or KWA question....just asking?  If you are off warranty, and want to use propane, have at it.  Let us know how the gun holds up.  I would give you a further opinion but I only use green gas.
The gun is a KSC G18C. It came with a Metal Slide already installed, and I also installed a Guarder reinforced recoil guide and spring. It bought it from UNcompany about 5 months ago, so the warranty has expired. I have so far been using green gas ith no problems, but I should receive my propane adapter today, so I will update this thread if I experience any problems. By the way, if a problem does develop, could I send it to KWA to get it fixed, or being a KSC gun will they not touch it. I know that KSC and KWA have compatible parts, but I have heard that you can only send in a KWA gun to get it fixed.

#35 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,651 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:21 PM

No, you may not send your gun to KWA for repairs.  KWA only repairs KWA guns purchased in and manufactured for the US market.

#36 WarWolf1337

WarWolf1337

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:20 PM

Original question was about my ATP's magazine problems. I checked for the O-Ring, am I looking at the seal's most inner circle?  Around the deal there's a deeper section, it looks as if something is there, around the seal however there is a larger metal O-Ring that is fully exposed

#37 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,651 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 07:58 PM

Any chance, whatsoever, to have a picture?  Because, and I'm guessing, that the 'most inner circle' is in reality where the o-ring is supposed to be seated.  FYI, there is no metal o-ring that I am aware of.

#38 WarWolf1337

WarWolf1337

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 06:49 PM

I don't know if it's a metal O-Ring, it's more a round circle. I'll get a picture as soon as possible.

#39 WarWolf1337

WarWolf1337

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 06:50 PM

And by round circle, I mean it isn't one complete piece, one part goes up. If it helps, this is the First Gen ATP, I preordered in June.

#40 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,882 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:24 AM

It's part#MG17 on your owners manual magazine diagram.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users