• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 russrussbear

russrussbear

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 08:10 AM

my colt m495 may have a leaking clip or gun. whenever i fill up the magazine with Power Green Gas all the way, i only get 5-6 shots out of it and then it runs out. Ive tried taking it apart and lubing it and putting it back together but nothing was out of place or broken in the mag or the gun. i have also submerged it in water to look for leaks but no bubbles came out,even after a couple minutes. is there anything i can do besides get a new mag?

#2 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 22 October 2011 - 09:13 AM

When you fill up the magazine with gas, how long do you let it charge before releasing the gas bottle? Maybe next time you want to hold down the canister and let the magazine charge for a little longer. Maybe you're using a green gas canister that has a low pressure.

When you fill the mag, put your ear to next to the feed lips and the hole that lets the gas flow to the gun and listen if there's gas leaking out. You will hear and feel air pushed against your ear.

Tell me what is going on.

Edited by Outlaw1995, 23 October 2011 - 06:12 AM.

#3 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,646 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 22 October 2011 - 10:49 PM

Are you using the Power Green Gas with the nozzle that you screw on? If so, I have stopped personally using them because I can't get a mag to fill with them.  I am now using King Arms brand.

#4 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,881 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 05:07 AM

You might even have a bad green gas canister.  Have you tried to fill with a new can of green gas?

#5 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2011 - 11:07 PM

Humm.... I hate to be very specific with gun naming.  But we don't make Colt M495.  Not even a Colt M945.  It doesn't exist.  
M945 is not base on a Colt.  It's Smith & Wesson own takes on a classic 1911 design but it's missing some key 1911 key elements.  

As for the magazine only have power to shoot 5 to 6 bbs, and since you already have submerge the mag in a bucket of water and no bubbles then I must say the problem is probably from the can.   Have you tried a different can?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users