4 replies to this topic

#1 dobey

dobey

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 01:21 PM

Lots of people asking me about this so I made a video.  This is what I do, it may void your warranty I don't know, so do it at your own risk:

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,722 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 21 October 2011 - 01:41 PM

Dobey, if it was anyone else but you I think I'd block the post!  Amazing what can be done to that gun.  It probably needs to be stressed that all parts are thoroughly dried.  And you did mention using compressed air to do this.

#3 dobey

dobey

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 03:34 PM

Yes I blow it all out after I am done, I have been cleaning my gbb guns like this for a few years and never had a problem with it.  As you can see in the video and my other picture posts I have no rust at all on the guns from doing this.

This gun is about a year old now, and has been cleaned this way more than 20 times.

#4 SLS

SLS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 03:57 PM

Do you use Dawn or Palmolive? lol J/K!  I am always impressed with your posts, this was very informative, thanks!  Do you go over the moving parts with silicone oil as well?
Scott

#5 dobey

dobey

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 04:44 PM

I try to keep the oil to a minimum because I play outdoors and it just attracts more dirt, less is more in these guns.  I just oil the seal in the loading nozzle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users