8 replies to this topic

#1 sjohnson256

sjohnson256

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 10:33 AM

Alright everyone,

I was just wondering how do you maintain your gun personally?

I've seen a few ways here and there... But what I'm looking for is a definitive breakdown and steps on how to do it.

(+1000000 internet points for the person who also supplies pictures).

I use this as a primary outdoors in England (wheres its cold and muddy).
So I'm looking for this asap,

Regards,

Sean

#2 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,875 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:36 PM

It really doesn't require that much maintenance.  Just follow the "Tear Down Guide" pinned in this KMP9 section.  Just disassemble up to the bolt then just clean and relube.  I usually don't do any maintenance until I have shot well over 2K rounds.

#3 sjohnson256

sjohnson256

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 10:29 AM

Awesome, that's great news. There seems to be this stigma where GBB's are notoriously hard to maintain... But you sir, have smashed that! :D

#4 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,875 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 10:31 AM

View Postsjohnson256, on 18 October 2011 - 10:29 AM, said:

Awesome, that's great news. There seems to be this stigma where GBB's are notoriously hard to maintain... But you sir, have smashed that! :D
But do keep in mind that the dirtier the environment you use your GBB, more frequent the cleaning should be.

#5 sjohnson256

sjohnson256

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 10:48 AM

Yeah will do, planning to do it after every skirmish. Dobeys situation seems alike mine. the washing in a sink with dish soap sounds good. But I dont know what stage to break it down to, to achieve this...

Would you happen to know?

Cheers,
Sean

#6 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 11:04 AM

Well once you take the bolt out, pretty much most of the mechanism breaks down so this is far as I would go to clean and relube.

#7 sjohnson256

sjohnson256

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:15 PM

Awesome, Many thanks

#8 Ramon Sanchez

Ramon Sanchez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:53 PM

When it comes to lubercating the gun, what lubercints can be used for the different parts like the main bolt and bolt housing parts. i know that silicon lubercant is used for some but can matalic lithium lubercant be used?

#9 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,496 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:21 PM

View PostRamon Sanchez, on 16 August 2012 - 05:53 PM, said:

When it comes to lubercating the gun, what lubercints can be used for the different parts like the main bolt and bolt housing parts. i know that silicon lubercant is used for some but can matalic lithium lubercant be used?
On mine I have only used 30wt shock oil with very good results.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users