Jump to content


The Relentless Pursuit to Outperform:KWA KM4 Series


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
278 replies to this topic

#121 YoYo

YoYo

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 04:13 PM

View PostAirsoftpro, on Mar 15 2009, 05:06 PM, said:

So aproximatly when will the kwa online retailers have the 09' m4.  When will u start shipping?

Seriously?

Come on, read before you post please.
... They ship out in June 09, retailers should also have them in June if everything goes as KWA plans.

#122 Frosty87

Frosty87

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 04:58 PM

Will the KWA crane stocks be available for purchase in the Pro Shop?

#123 Airsoftpro

Airsoftpro

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 06:52 PM

View PostYoYo, on Mar 15 2009, 08:13 PM, said:

Seriously?

Come on, read before you post please.
... They ship out in June 09, retailers should also have them in June if everything goes as KWA plans.
I did read previous posts.  I knew they shipped out June just wanted to know if retailers would recieve them by mid/ early June cause at end of June there is a game I want to attent with the new gun.

#124 YoYo

YoYo

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 06:59 PM

View PostFrosty87, on Mar 15 2009, 05:58 PM, said:

Will the KWA crane stocks be available for purchase in the Pro Shop?

Most likely, yes.


View PostAirsoftpro, on Mar 15 2009, 07:52 PM, said:

I did read previous posts.  I knew they shipped out June just wanted to know if retailers would recieve them by mid/ early June cause at end of June there is a game I want to attent with the new gun.

Okay, well you did ask when they would start shipping.

#125 M4Man

M4Man

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 07:59 PM

Will there be any performance difference between the KWA RIS version coming out in June, and the updated KWA M4A1 Carbine also coming out in June ( the one that's already out right now but will be re-released?  Like will they only difference they have be the crane stock and RIS rails on the RIS version?  Thanks guys. :lol:

#126 Guest_Radix_*

Guest_Radix_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 March 2009 - 08:19 PM

View PostM4Man, on Mar 15 2009, 08:59 PM, said:

Will there be any performance difference between the KWA RIS version coming out in June, and the updated KWA M4A1 Carbine also coming out in June ( the one that's already out right now but will be re-released?  Like will they only difference they have be the crane stock and RIS rails on the RIS version?  Thanks guys. :lol:

No performance differences between KM4 SR5 & KM4 CQB; KM4A1 & KM4 RIS & KM4 SR10; KM16BR & KM16 SR12. :)

#127 whiterabbit05

whiterabbit05

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 15 March 2009 - 08:27 PM

View Postpistonhead, on Mar 15 2009, 05:25 PM, said:

One improvement that could be considered is using deans connectors on all the new AEGs and just include an adapter to use taiymas (Idk how to spell it) similar to G&P's new AEGs,   they're defiantly superior conductors and allow for better current transfer

Deans connectors are great for a wider area of surface contact, but your chain is only as strong as the weakest link, the weakest link here being the gauge of the wire going into the GB and motor...

Tamiya connectors (especially the large type) are more than sufficient.  

Large gauge wires from the battery and better connectors can only go so far without upgrading ALL of the wire's gauge, which is hard to do with the limited space available inside of the GB.

Edited by whiterabbit05, 15 March 2009 - 08:28 PM.


#128 YoYo

YoYo

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 04:45 PM

A look at some of the new models thanks to AATV:




#129 massonla

massonla

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Location:Fairfield CA

Posted 17 March 2009 - 08:57 PM

View Postwhiterabbit05, on Mar 15 2009, 09:27 PM, said:

Deans connectors are great for a wider area of surface contact, but your chain is only as strong as the weakest link, the weakest link here being the gauge of the wire going into the GB and motor...

Tamiya connectors (especially the large type) are more than sufficient.  

Large gauge wires from the battery and better connectors can only go so far without upgrading ALL of the wire's gauge, which is hard to do with the limited space available inside of the GB.

Yea Deans have a few other advantages other then better current flow.

Smaller size lets them fit into small places better.

they dont burn as easy as a small or large type connector.

I'm also not sure its the gauge of wire that's the weak link here, Perhaps the contacts inside the gearbox, Even so that's solved with the application of a mosfet.

Even nicer still they are reusable and can be fixed alot easier. ever try fixing a small type without breaking the connector? Doable but so much easier with deans.


Ive got one request for any further KWA products. Captive pins on the body. Smiler to the King Arms body's, the pins dont fall out they stay with the body. Vary useful. ;)

#130 pistonhead

pistonhead

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 10:17 PM

View Postmassonla, on Mar 17 2009, 09:57 PM, said:

Even nicer still they are reusable Yes very


Ive got one request for any further KWA products. Captive pins on the body. Smiler to the King Arms body's, the pins dont fall out they stay with the body. Vary useful. ;)    G&G uses similar pins as well,  

I'd like to see Fets in the future models seeing as Jg has already picked up them, Fets when correctly installed; make your electrical system rock solid,

Edited by pistonhead, 17 March 2009 - 10:21 PM.


#131 Dr Pepper 6pk

Dr Pepper 6pk

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:airsoft (duh), cars, computers, movies, games, firearms, military

Posted 18 March 2009 - 12:05 AM

View Postpistonhead, on Mar 17 2009, 11:17 PM, said:

I'd like to see Fets in the future models seeing as Jg has already picked up them, Fets when correctly installed; make your electrical system rock solid,
Really? what JG models have they put this in? Im surprised to hear a china clone company putting something as complicated as that

#132 Sgt12Cougar

Sgt12Cougar

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Location:WA
  • Interests:Girls<br />Airsoft

Posted 18 March 2009 - 06:14 AM

View PostDr Pepper 6pk, on Mar 18 2009, 01:05 AM, said:

Really? what JG models have they put this in? Im surprised to hear a china clone company putting something as complicated as that

Their AUG A3 and new full metal Armalites all have MOSFETs installed. I believe they are clones of the Systema MOSFETs.

Edited by Sgt12Cougar, 18 March 2009 - 06:15 AM.


#133 Dr Pepper 6pk

Dr Pepper 6pk

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:airsoft (duh), cars, computers, movies, games, firearms, military

Posted 18 March 2009 - 01:29 PM

View PostSgt12Cougar, on Mar 18 2009, 07:14 AM, said:

Their AUG A3 and new full metal Armalites all have MOSFETs installed. I believe they are clones of the Systema MOSFETs.
huh interesting, i need to keep up with the times :lol:  But first i need to learn how to install the damned thing first, never got around to it, always seemed extremely complicated to me

#134 massonla

massonla

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Location:Fairfield CA

Posted 18 March 2009 - 08:07 PM

View Postpistonhead, on Mar 17 2009, 11:17 PM, said:

I'd like to see Fets in the future models seeing as Jg has already picked up them, Fets when correctly installed; make your electrical system rock solid,

Done correctly it would be an amazing addition to an amazing gun. Systema seems to have alot of issues with the fets in the ptw and you haven't had any luck with fets in your guns. ;)

But they would be nice. However I haven't noticed any weakness in the mechanical contacts inside the kwa gearbox and i have a early version.

#135 ejec19glock

ejec19glock

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 08:09 PM

when will pre-order of the new guns start?

#136 pistonhead

pistonhead

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 08:45 PM

The fet's JG use are similar to systema's  but don't utilize the flawed dual fet design, while not perfect its defiantly nice to see the industry moving in that direction hopefully others will follow suit (wink wink)

Edited by pistonhead, 18 March 2009 - 08:46 PM.


#137 Special K

Special K

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Location:Buffalo, NY

Posted 18 March 2009 - 09:21 PM

I looked from page one on, excuse me for being a idiot. Will the new one piece barrel retro-fit on last years model? I saw the post for the new barrel, looked from the begining of this thread on. I may have looked right at the post and missed it.

Edited by Special K, 18 March 2009 - 09:21 PM.


#138 Guest_Radix_*

Guest_Radix_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2009 - 03:20 AM

View PostSpecial K, on Mar 18 2009, 10:21 PM, said:

I looked from page one on, excuse me for being a idiot. Will the new one piece barrel retro-fit on last years model? I saw the post for the new barrel, looked from the begining of this thread on. I may have looked right at the post and missed it.

Yes, the new one piece barrel will retrofit onto 1gen guns.  Our goal was to make all parts backward compatible so there are no legacy issues. :)

#139 WiN&LeGeNd

WiN&LeGeNd

    Resident Airsoft Geek

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 19 March 2009 - 08:27 AM

http://www.airsoftme...ent/view/23/26/

AM has a good tutorial on MOSFETS. If you need any help installing them or do not understand the tutorial then you can PM and I will help you out however I can.

MOSFETS are quite simple really, you have a Gate, Source, and a Drain. The gate is what operates the MOSFET, in N-Channel Mosfets, applying voltage to the Gate turns ON when there is a positive low voltage applied to it, the Source is where current flows into the MOSFET and the Drain is where current leaves the MOSFET. Most MOSFETS are voltage driven, however some are more current driven.

In either case the failure of the gun to operate is RARELY the MOSFET, an IRF1404PBF-ND N-Channel MOSFET (http://search.digike...e=IRF1404PBF-ND) can supply 202Amps of current @40v, that is what I use in my KM16BR. An airsoft gun is never going to see even 25% of those loads. So let me say running dual fets is a waste of power (MOSFETS consume small amounts of power to operate) unless they are using very very cheap MOSFETs or trying to use low power MOSFETS.

By far those who do not get the MOSFET to operate properly or even those who experience issues with PTW's not operating correctly is because of an inadequate power source. When you pull the trigger the battery is going to experience its most severe load due to the simple nature of brushed DC motor operation, its a linear relationship where the higher the load is, the higher the torque will be and the lower the RPM until the motor stalls or reaches maximum load. Recall that torque = current and voltage = RPM in any DC motor. So as the motor is required to put out more torque it will require more current. Your battery does the same except with voltage, and current load instead of RPM and torque load. The higher the current load the battery the lower the voltage will drop, thus if the battery is inadequite for its application when you pull the trigger your battery will not be able to maintian enough voltage to fully open the gate or even open it at all. I experience this even with an 11.1v LiPo battery and my IRF1404, but only when the battery has expended all of its stored power, aka its dead. I have had 100% reliability with my MOSFET when it has adquite power for operation. All you need is some 22awg wire, a 30k ohm resistor and a 100 ohm resistor(1/8watt power rated is fine). Follow the above tutorial and you will not have to worry about the damaging effects of arching on the trigger contacts. Using a capacitor on the gate may also be a way to overcome the initial voltage sag if your battery is border line in regards to supplying ample voltage under load, something small like a 150mF cap may work depending on the the gate requirements of your particular MOSFET. Stay away from cheap NiMH and NiCD in general for power sources with MOSFETS. They often can barely supply enough current, a good NiMH cell can supply around 35 amps continuous, most cheap NiMH cell's i would estimate around 15~20, most AEG's pull around 15~25 amps depending on motor, spring, gearing. My KM16BR pulling over 20 on semi-auto as I was blowing 20amp fuses occasionally. You can expect current spikes, so its best to prepare for them!

Your ROF will be slightly higher as well depending the MOSFET you use because all MOSFETS have some capacitance.

Edited by WiN&LeGeNd, 19 March 2009 - 08:40 AM.


#140 WiN&LeGeNd

WiN&LeGeNd

    Resident Airsoft Geek

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 19 March 2009 - 08:35 AM

View PostRadix, on Mar 19 2009, 06:20 AM, said:

Yes, the new one piece barrel will retrofit onto 1gen guns.  Our goal was to make all parts backward compatible so there are no legacy issues. :)

Radix, is there any chance you can give us an idea of cost and release of the 1 piece outer? That is about the only thing I dislike in regards to the structure of my KM16BR, the two piece I have which I have locked in place may not wobble, but I can still flex it and some times worry that hitting it hard enough could damage my inner barrel or hop-up chamber.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users