2 replies to this topic

#1 Mars478

Mars478

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 07:24 PM

Hello, I recently bought an ATP (this past saturday), and I love it. This gun is for sure my favorite airsoft gun I have owned to date. Yet there are a few questions that I have, and things I'd like to share that I bought for this gun (regarding upgrades)

Firstly, I've noticed a few things about this gun. Unlike recent KWA Pistols the outer barrel is metal, which I like. Occasionally when I shoot I get a "double-tap" and it fires two bbs at the same time. Sometimes one of my magazines just kinda spits out the gas completely, while I think this may be due to how cold the magazine had gotten after continuous use. My rear sights have become loose, and I will have to super glue them. I find the recoil and the spring on the slide when cocked back a bit lacking so I ordered this (as per recommended by one of the people on this forum) new spring: KSC Glock Series (17,18C, 34) Enhanced Recoil Guide Rod.Model #: Parts-GE-GLOCK-00Location : S11-006

Also, I have two 23rd mags, and I feel the need for a 50 rd mag, so I ordered this: Matrix 50 Rd Entended Magazine For KWA / KSC Glock 17/19/18/23/26 Style Airsoft Gas Blowback SeriesModel #: MAG-KSC-GLK-50Location : B4-013

I'd like to know what you guys are doing with your ATPs, and share ideas about what we can do.

Also, one of the more interesting things with my ATP, is that on the side where the "KWA" logo is, the logo has seemingly been etched incorrectly, and it's ghosted over twice, making for a strange look. I personally don't find this THAT annoying, but know some who would. I'll post a picture of it as soon as I can. Thanks :)

#2 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,854 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 04 October 2011 - 07:21 AM

The problems with double shots and total gas expulsion can be remedied by adding some silicone oil on the hammer/firing mechanism on the lower frame.  Also clean and relube the slide rails.  You may need to reoil on occasion until the parts break in and starts to operate smoothly on their own.
The rear sight may not have enough/ or no glue on it.  Add a drop of super glue to the base of the sight and reinsert/readjust.

That recoil spring will work with the ATP.  I too have replaced that part and I get a much crisper recoil and no slide lock problems.

Mags for M series will work with your ATP.  I have even used my 48 round mag from KWA FPG which is a modified M18C.  Works beautifully.

And finally, I have not noticed that with the KWA logo so I will check again when I get a chance and let you know.

Hope this helps.

#3 Mars478

Mars478

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 12:16 PM

Awesome. I just bought a 48RD Extended magazine (to compliment that one, so now I have 2 normal mags, and 2 extended) for the FPG and it works great. I'll have to take a picture of the ghosted logo haha.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users