• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Omniscent

Omniscent

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 09:11 PM

Sorry, very retarded question. But I got my new Mark ii PTP in tan today and it is a very nice gun. Just wondering. Thank you!

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,496 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 02 October 2011 - 07:02 AM

How do you define best?

#3 Omniscent

Omniscent

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 07:16 AM

I dont know, FPS? Quality?

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,496 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 02 October 2011 - 07:40 AM

All of the KWA GBB pistols run off the NS2 engine and while there are variations in the parts the performance is essentially the same.  Regarding build quality, same as above, variations but no real quality difference.

The PTP line is marketed to LE and as such has the characteristics and features required to reproduce the feel and function of the piece the officer would use on duty.  You are not going to see an officer with an USP Match but I can assure you on the field it will perform to the same standard as any of the PTPs.  This is true for the entire line of non-PTP GBB pistols.

The cool factor may cause you to lean towards a PTP...I get that because I was the same way at first.  But as I became more experienced I realized it's important to buy the GBB pistol that you feel the most comfortable with.

Hope this helps and good luck choosing....let us know what you decide on.

:gun:

#5 TastyGohan

TastyGohan

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 12:12 PM

Personal preference defines cool factor.

I can not say that I like/love any of the 1911s or the USP because they don't feel right in my hand.

I love the M9 PTP and the ATP, they just have that solid feel in my hand that I love. I can't say the same for my friend who uses the 1911.

If you end up loving your KWA pistol, then that makes it the "best" one.

Or on the other hand, the best KWA pistol is the one in your hand that is about to destroy your opponent.

#6 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,875 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 02 October 2011 - 05:00 PM

I would definitely agree with the ATP. It has to be the most ergonomic feel among all PTP. And its scary how accurate it is with a .25.

#7 Grindstone

Grindstone

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 08:07 AM

I would personally rate the PTP line among the best for several reasons. External fit and finish, field performance, reliability/durability both inside and out, and realism of the platform. The BIGGEST reason I would give them the label is the support. The availability of parts directly from the OEM as well as technical support, good warranty, and this public forum with actual KWA staff as active members is just phenomial. I believe this sets a standard for all airsoft manufacturers.
While the TM GBB pistols may shoot very well, if not better, than the PTP, they do not even touch KWA in these areas. Who has even seen a TM staff member online anywhere?
A well designed system with very good post-consumer support and communication puts the PTP at the top.

My 0.2g's.

#8 doug.nash

doug.nash

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 09:09 AM

I need to chime in regarding the great value of the PTP pistols. AND the unequaled value of the domestic KWA support and retail system. The KWA tech support is just fantastic, and there is NOTHING like that with any other manufacturer, here in the States. Heck, TM pistols show up almost as if they had to be illegally smuggled past customs. So, good luck ever getting support on one of those plastic toys.
While I think it's really cool that there are literally THOUSANDS of aftermarket options for TM 1911 model pistols, you also need to spend THOUSANDS to really hop those things up. That's a little bit of an exaggeration, but, not by much.
Right out of the box, the KWA MK-Series pistols are just insanely good.

#9 lalew

lalew

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 09:45 AM

Grindstone, on 07 October 2011 - 08:07 AM, said:

I would personally rate the PTP line among the best for several reasons. External fit and finish, field performance, reliability/durability both inside and out, and realism of the platform. The BIGGEST reason I would give them the label is the support. The availability of parts directly from the OEM as well as technical support, good warranty, and this public forum with actual KWA staff as active members is just phenomial. I believe this sets a standard for all airsoft manufacturers.
While the TM GBB pistols may shoot very well, if not better, than the PTP, they do not even touch KWA in these areas. Who has even seen a TM staff member online anywhere?
A well designed system with very good post-consumer support and communication puts the PTP at the top.

My 0.2g's.

TM does not have a distributor is the US nor a US office in the US like KWA-

#10 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,496 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:26 PM

lalew, on 17 October 2011 - 09:45 AM, said:

TM does not have a distributor is the US nor a US office in the US like KWA-
Can't argue with that!

#11 Grindstone

Grindstone

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 02:11 PM

Because TM does not care about the market outside of Japan.

#12 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,875 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 02:59 PM

For TM's and many other manufacturers would be in a world of hurt if they ever officially sold their products in the US. They will be sued so fast for trademark infringement it will make their heads spin.

#13 Predator96

Predator96

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:17 AM

sorry for sounding rude but I have seen many threads on people having problems with KWAs whereas TMs are considered most reliable and accurate GBBs. Just telling you what I've seen I don't own any airsoft gun thanks to the custom officers in India so can't share personal experience.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users