• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 danoxide

danoxide

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 08:33 AM

hello, i have a SR7 and i want to make it a MK18 mod0.  i cant seem to find a delta ring and ris in the pro shop.  is it possible for me to get these?  otherwise, would i need a real steal style delta ring?

#2 WhiteWhale

WhiteWhale

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Interests:airsoft, real steel, photoshop, videos, gaming

Posted 01 October 2011 - 04:07 PM

You can call the pro shop about the delta ring and see what they have on them.

#3 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,511 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 02 October 2011 - 07:28 AM

If KWA has the parts you need in stock you should be fine.  However, if you opt for real steel parts then you need to consider several things.  Keeping the original tower sight might cause some issues with fit.  Before you attempt to make the switch, be sure you take very accurate measurements to insure that the RIS will fit.  The KWA specs for the hand-guards on some of the rifles are about 1/16 of an inch short of some manufacturers Mil Spec hand guards.  I know this because I changed my front end on my KM4A1 to a 2 pc Mil Spec foregrip and in order for it to work I needed to change the front sight to one that clamped on the outer barrel.  Fortunately it was the look I was going for.  By doing this I was able to adjust the sight to fit and that required moving it forward by 1/16".

To test this further I attempted to put my hand guards on the my son's KM4RIS and found that the RIS's hand guards were short by 1/16" so my real steel parts would not go on the rifle unless I moved the sight forward.

Hope this helps. :gun:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users