8 replies to this topic

#1 Full English

Full English

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 02:15 AM

Hello Forum!

I am looking for advice on my new 1911, (less than two weeks old) it seems to refuse to fire. I have noticed a lot of strange things about it, but it worked fine when it was shipped to me so i know it is probably my fault. Okay, well i have been stripping it and cleaning it (i was told by the company to do this as soon as i received it as they are supplied dry) and putting it back together and it has always worked fine. However i have noticed the when the slide lock is released the slide flies forwards with a much harder force than usual. Another thing is that in the middle of the skirmish day when it broke is that the chamber was full of like 6 bbs without me racking the action or anything, just taking it out of my SERPA to check corners more efficiently (i'm kind of glad i didn't come across anyone or i could have really damaged it), and for the rest of the time it was sat in my holster. Anyway, i checked some other posts, i definitely have the firing pin still in there (part 60) but the gas just isnt getting discharged from the mag. A marshall who fixes guns at my local site says that a spring could have come loose from the hammer causing a loss in impact force, so the gas isnt getting released.

Im uk based so i cant send it to a KWA repair center or anything. So things i can do myself are much more favourable, step by step instructions please...

Many thanks in advance,

Lawrence

#2 Full English

Full English

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 03:02 AM

Fixed it! fired 20 rounds throught it and it broke again, cant remember what i did to fix it, just sort of plated with things.

#3 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,874 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:49 AM

When you were cleaning and relubing the gun, did you get silicone oil on the bucking? I am thinking that the bucking swelled as a result and the bb's are getting jammed.

Topic moved to appropriate section. Carry on. :gun:

#4 Full English

Full English

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 09:18 AM

How can i check this?

Lawrence

#5 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,496 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 26 September 2011 - 09:35 AM

Sure, turn the hop-up off...all the way, and see if the BB's are getting stuck.  If that is the case then the bucking is probably swollen.  :gun:

#6 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,874 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 26 September 2011 - 09:46 AM

And if it is swollen, you can disassemble the hopup and wash the bucking in some hot water with some dishwasher soap and it should be good as new.

#7 Full English

Full English

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 03:03 AM

Thats not the case here, the gun just isnt cycling, perhaps the gun istn hitting the gas valve hard enough to discharge? the hammer hits the gun but it doesnt fire, same as if i hadnt put any gas in the mag.

#8 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,874 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 05:15 AM

I wonder if your impact pin has been dislodged. When you cock the hammer back, look inside there see if you still have a round pin there.  It's in the lowest position.  Sometimes with repetitive dry firing, this pin can get dislodged inside the upper slide.  Meanwhile I will see if I can find some pics of it.

#9 Pillagerr

Pillagerr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:34 AM

I suspect it is the defective part #35 - the nub has sheared off the Impact Hammer.  See http://kwausa.com/fo...er&fromsearch=1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users