• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 evok

evok

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 11:05 AM

Hi all first post here, ive had a KMP9r for a couple months now and its was perfect till i tired to install the dangerwerks valve. With the valve installed it shot at around 266 to 280fps.

my guess is I messed something up in the process.  My field limits are 350 so i went and got  the KWA low power bolt which help solved the low fps problem but then the gun shoots half and mag and runs out of gas!!!!

Ive tired 3 different mags but same results shoots half and mag then just puffs till its empty. btw i strecthed the spring by the rear left side of the gun thats 2 strong from the factory since it wouldnt shoot sometimes unless i taped the gun on the side. if there's any pictures i can take to help anyone better understand the problem i don't mind doing so. any help is much appreciated

Edited by evok, 24 September 2011 - 11:06 AM.

#2 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,878 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 24 September 2011 - 12:56 PM

So you changed the to a dangerwerks valve and also installed a low power bolt?  What was your FPS before any changes and what is it now?
Do you have any problem with cycling or excessive gas discharge when you fire you gun?
I haven't made any changes to mine and I get about a mag and a half to 2 mags depending on the temperature.

BTW, Welcome to KWA Forums! :thumbsup:

#3 evok

evok

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 01:08 PM

To start thanks for your welcome

I got it new about 3 months ago and it shot at 380-400 fps i tore it down and installed the dangerwerks flute valve and it shot at 260 to 280 fps at different chronos with .20s

I then swapped out the stock bolt with the dangerwerks installed and put in the KWA low power bolt which shot at 350ish fps

My problem now is that i can only get half on a mag on a full charge. ive got 3 mags and new gas cans. It doesn't discharge the gas all at once but it does seem to use more gas per shot then before.

Again the only other modification i did was stretch the spring connected to the bolt because it wasn't allowing it to engage when the trigger is pulled. i would just tap it and it fires but that's no solution.  so after some research here found that stretching the spring did solve that issue but now im guessing that i stretched it too far? and now my gun only gets about 25 shots off on a full gas charge.

Edited by evok, 24 September 2011 - 01:10 PM.

#4 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,878 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 24 September 2011 - 01:26 PM

How long are you charging the mags?  Usually on a big mag like the KMP9, it takes about 15-25 seconds of continuous fill.  And did you change green gas brand lately after the changes were made to the gun?

I think you should change out the  dangerwerks valve with the KWA stock one and see if this makes any difference.  Once aftermarket changes are made only way to see what has happened is to start changing things back to stock form.  But my guess is same as your in that it would have something to do with the flute valve or the installation.  Also while you are at it, check you cylinder for cracks.

#5 evok

evok

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 02:17 PM

thanks for the advice the after a quick tear down the problem seems to be the gas can i was using i switched to a new can and it working flawlessly i went from a green gas brand  to king arms softair gas thanks again for the advice!!!!!

#6 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,878 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 03:39 PM

Sometimes the simplest answer is the best answer. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users