• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 AYEitzALLAN

AYEitzALLAN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 08:53 PM

so im still looking in to getting a tbb, not exactly sure which works best for the gun. would like some input such as brand, recommended length,  etc etc. would there be an increase of accuracy & range with an increased length? any and all recommendations would help! thanks!

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,511 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 24 September 2011 - 04:03 AM

View PostAYEitzALLAN, on 23 September 2011 - 08:53 PM, said:

so im still looking in to getting a tbb, not exactly sure which works best for the gun. would like some input such as brand, recommended length,  etc etc. would there be an increase of accuracy & range with an increased length? any and all recommendations would help! thanks!
Here's a great barrel that will boost your FPS 10-15FPS and increase accuracy and it's made for your gun:http://store.kwausa.com/edgi601mminnerbarrel395mm-1-1.aspx

#3 AYEitzALLAN

AYEitzALLAN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 07:04 AM

View Postgcw360, on 24 September 2011 - 04:03 AM, said:

Here's a great barrel that will boost your FPS 10-15FPS and increase accuracy and it's made for your gun:http://store.kwausa.com/edgi601mminnerbarrel395mm-1-1.aspx

is there a direct correlation between accuracy and length of a tbb? i noticed the barrel was the same length but smaller in diameter.

#4 greatwatermelon

greatwatermelon

I Break GUNS!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 12:41 PM

The length doesn't have that much of difference that it's worth really considering, like several more mm isn't going to do very much or at all. The diameter, on the other hand, will tighten the groupings.

#5 JROC311

JROC311

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts
  • Interests:Seeking of thrills

Posted 26 September 2011 - 03:02 PM

Regarding barrel length and accuracy. I have the g36c and the KM4 RIS and both having the same 2gx bucking and stock length barrels (G36c=247mm vs RIS=395mm) both clean and dry of any grease/silicone,shooting the same .28's from the same bag, I can say for a fact my RIS  has much tighter groupings.
I realize being two different guns completely there are possible varibles but I would have to say IMO barrel length has a lot to do with it.
Just my .02 cents. And I know .02 cents wont buy much these days.

#6 greatwatermelon

greatwatermelon

I Break GUNS!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 10:43 PM

My bad, I didn't phrase my words correctly. I meant that the length isn't going to matter much if it's only a few mm. 247mm vs 395mm is of course going to make a difference.

I have the say the biggest difference I see in tightbores is simply the quality. The human eye cannot see on microscopic levels, but tightbores aren't actually a perfect circle amongst the entire barrel. For the cheap barrels, 6.03mm means nothing when the barrel isn't cut very well. Spend your money on a quality barrel and you will be able to see the performance pay off.

#7 Pitchwayne

Pitchwayne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft(combat, weapons, loadout-customization) Modern Military, video games, basketball, football.

Posted 02 January 2012 - 04:48 PM

i'm also looking for a tightbore, but i dont know what a good brand is or a good length for the g36c.

#8 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,875 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 03 January 2012 - 05:05 AM

The length of a barrel would depend on what you play most.  But if you would like the flexibility of playing both indoor and outdoor, I would recommend a EDGI 273mm barrel.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users