#1 JonathanTerHaar

JonathanTerHaar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:mountain biking
    photography

Posted 23 September 2011 - 04:57 AM

i just wanted to get a head count of who all has problems with their ATP jamming miss firing and not cycling whilst shooting gas like a steam engine mid mag.

#2 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,886 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 06:37 AM

Drop some silicone oil that comes with your gun in the hammer/firing mechanism.  This will smooth the parts out until they eventually break-in on their own.  Also clean and re-oil the slide rails for a smooth operation.  Did the trick for me.  :thumbsup:

#3 JonathanTerHaar

JonathanTerHaar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
    photography

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:08 AM

ive cleaned and re-cleaned lubed and re-lubed. i just shot 250 rounds through my 49 round mag flawlessly and it took half a mag of my ATP mag to double shoot and dump the gas...

#4 JonathanTerHaar

JonathanTerHaar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
    photography

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:09 AM

did you run into the same problems? you thinks its  break-in period? i think i wracked my gun 1000 times while watching TopGear last night hoping that was the case....

#5 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,886 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:28 AM

Apply a drop of oil on the release valve.  Maybe it's getting stuck a bit.  If your ATP is functioning fine with another mag then it's safe to assume that the problem is not with the gun.

#6 wurger

wurger

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 07:17 PM

My ATP is acting weird, too. Before shooting, disassembled the gun, cleaned it, lightly lubed the usual parts. Issues: random double taps, two shots with one trigger pull. Would be nice if it was actually supposed to do that, but kind of freaky when unexpected. Issue two: slide jammed on 2 BBs and the mag vented all remaining gas.

#7 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,886 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 04:29 AM

Your case is an easy fix.  I had a bit of the same problem with mine.  Just put a few drops of silicone oil that comes with the gun on the hammer/firing assembly.  You may have to do this a few times until the parts break in.  There might be a bit of a burr or parts maybe too dry so  lubricating those parts should help.  I then worked thee hammer assembly with my hands until parts felt to have a smoother operation.  Try it since it won't void your warranty.

#8 JonathanTerHaar

JonathanTerHaar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
    photography

Posted 03 October 2011 - 03:16 PM

ive done that, no luck i was at 300 rounds no issue untill it started again. now its on full auto half the time. sending it in this week though im not sure theyll do anything....

#9 JonathanTerHaar

JonathanTerHaar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
    photography

Posted 03 October 2011 - 03:18 PM

off the subject... do you know anything about motor repair or where i can get it done... my A to Z stopped working brushes and commutator are clean no visible breaks in the windings.

#10 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,886 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 04:40 PM

View PostJonathanTerHaar, on 03 October 2011 - 03:18 PM, said:

off the subject... do you know anything about motor repair or where i can get it done... my A to Z stopped working brushes and commutator are clean no visible breaks in the windings.
You may want to check with your local RC hobby shop even though most electric RC run off of brushless motors.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users