Kwa 2Gx Cylinder & Tbb Questions Please Help!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 AYEitzALLAN

AYEitzALLAN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:53 AM

hi everyone, i had a few questions about tbb and cylinders.
so i want to upgrade my stock kwa g36c 247mm 6.05mm barrel to either a prommy or mad bull 6.03mm 363mm tbb. maybe even a systema 6.04 363 tbb. (im in it just for the length) but i was wondering what your take was with these tbb, are they any good to the new 2gx bucking and hop up?
also ive been told when changing the stock barrel to a longer one (247->363) i would need to change the stock cylinder to get the full performance of the tightbore. i was told to change the type 2 cylinder that comes stock with the kwa g36c and swap it out for a type 1. but with that, another person told me that if i were to swap out the cylinder i should swap out the whole cylinder set since the kwa propriety shell can offset the compression of the the cylinder and ultimately you would lose fps. i would like some insight on this situation as i am heading to aex today to upgrade to a tbb and i would like to have everything set before leaving! thanks for reading!!

#2 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,854 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 01:03 PM

Your cylinder is already a type-1 if I am not mistaken.  And your cylinder doesn't have to be changed for a 363mm barrel.
Since I do not have any experience with prommy or systema tbbs for KWA, maybe someone else can add some input.

#3 AYEitzALLAN

AYEitzALLAN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 01:57 PM

oh thats perfect! really appreciate the help niko_gpsy! thanks!

#4 greatwatermelon

greatwatermelon

I Break GUNS!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 12:22 PM

Surprisingly, tightbores vary dimensions slightly, but significant enough that some won't work in all AEGs. The prommy barrel and madbull diameters are slightly larger in outer diameter so it will actually not fit properly with a 2gx bucking and KWA hop up unit. I haven't tried systema myself, but if you want a definite choice... the KWA Proshop currently stocks the Edgi 6.01 247mm for the G36C (link).

If you choose to use the Edgi 6.01 barrel, be sure to use quality bb's like KSC. Many house brand bb's and popular brands actually have been reported to jam in tightbores, especially when running at a high rof.

As for the cylinder set, the KWA gearbox is already optimized for amazing compression. I think any body who disputes that hasn't had a proper look at the piston/cylinder set up, himself. So, not that the KWA gearbox is proprietary, it's just difficult to beat a compression that already has be optimized by the KWA engineers. Like, the standpoint of modifying your gun is to achieve, in this case, would be near perfect compression with ideal parts. If it's already achieved, there is no point tempering with it. Getting back onto topic, like niko said, you won't have to worry about changing any of the set up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users