6 replies to this topic

#1 Fluffy Boy 32

Fluffy Boy 32

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 09:34 AM

I recently acquired an M26c in a trade with two mags. When I did the trade, I knew of the problems it had (Full Auto no matter what mode) but when I got it, it had far more problems than I was told.
Oh well...

Onto the gun:
-Everything is stock except for the recoil spring (Was told it was a Real Steel Recoil Spring and had only been shot with one mag to make sure it worked fine in the gun).
-Full Auto Assembly was replaced recently with a KWA Full Auto Assembly.

^These are the things I was told (and from looking at the gun, I can confirm).

My first problem is that Full Auto doesn't actually work well at all. It locks up after almost every shot (Same problem in Semi too). I have to rack the slide after every shot to get it to work.

I noticed when I fire the gun it shooting 1 1/2 times per trigger pull. It will fire one BB but won't fully cycle for me to be able to fire the next shot (Almost like something isn't strong enough to pull the slide back after each shot).
When I go disassemble the gun, I pull the two tabs and the slide should go forward right? Wrong!
I have to take a tiny screwdriver, stick it through the back plate (after I have pulled the tabs and made the slide go forward a little) and slightly push down the hammer to allow the slide to come off.
Picture(s):
Posted Image
Posted Image

The other thing (More of a worry than a problem) is that the trigger mechanism that is attached to the hammer is Gorilla Glued on (As if they couldn't get the piece to fit right or something...). Not sure if this could be why the hammer won't go back all the way when trying to be disassembled or not.
Picture(s):
Posted Image
Posted Image

Extra Pictures:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Thanks in advance for any help!
Also, If you could give me a close estimate as to what this will set me back/what parts will need to be replaced, that would be much appreciated (So I can know if I will need to put more money aside for this)!

Edited by Fluffy Boy 32, 22 September 2011 - 07:02 PM.

#2 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,882 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 10:59 AM

First you should try oiling the hammer/firing assembly.  It looks dry from the picture. You just add a few drops of silicone oil in there and it may solve your woes.
The other thing is try to clean the slide rails with some q-tips and re-oil lightly with silicone oil.
Finally, why are you using a "real Steel" recoil spring in an airsoft gun?  That spring is too stiff for your gun to cycle properly.  Try a lighter spring.

#3 Fluffy Boy 32

Fluffy Boy 32

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 01:06 PM

niko_gpsy, on 23 September 2011 - 10:59 AM, said:

1. First you should try oiling the hammer/firing assembly.  It looks dry from the picture. You just add a few drops of silicone oil in there and it may solve your woes.
2. The other thing is try to clean the slide rails with some q-tips and re-oil lightly with silicone oil.
3. Finally, why are you using a "real Steel" recoil spring in an airsoft gun?  That spring is too stiff for your gun to cycle properly.  Try a lighter spring.
1. Ok, I'll give that a try!
2. Same as #1
3. The guy I bought it from put it in there. Not sure why, but he did...
How much would one cost?

As far as the problem with the disassembling, any ideas?

#4 hebrewhammer

hebrewhammer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 02:06 PM

The stock "real steel" recoil spring for a Glock 26 is 16 lbs.  There is NO WAY that an airsoft pistol could cycle that spring.  Get the right spring and it just might fix your problem.  This could easily be the problem with dis-assembly as well. Call KWA customer service, they still have some parts for the "M" series but they don't list them on the website.

#5 Fluffy Boy 32

Fluffy Boy 32

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 06:55 PM

hebrewhammer, on 23 September 2011 - 02:06 PM, said:

The stock "real steel" recoil spring for a Glock 26 is 16 lbs.  There is NO WAY that an airsoft pistol could cycle that spring.  Get the right spring and it just might fix your problem.  This could easily be the problem with dis-assembly as well. Call KWA customer service, they still have some parts for the "M" series but they don't list them on the website.
That may be the problem with the disassembly but I highly doubt it because it's more of a hammer problem than anything.
I'll have some time tomorrow to lube everything up and I'll see if that'll get it. If not, I'll contact customer service and see if I can get one.

Edited by Fluffy Boy 32, 23 September 2011 - 06:55 PM.

#6 Fluffy Boy 32

Fluffy Boy 32

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 01:07 PM

Being as curious as I am. I got the slide off and before I could get my silicone oil out to lube the gun, I had done something else to cause yet another problem...
Here's a video to better show the (new) problem:

You can cut the video off after 4:45 (I start to give an update about new content coming soon for my channel)

I'm probably gonna end up sending it in once I have enough money to cover parts and labor...

Edited by Fluffy Boy 32, 24 September 2011 - 01:14 PM.

#7 Fluffy Boy 32

Fluffy Boy 32

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:38 AM

Just got an email back from customer service. They don't have anymore of the M26c recoil springs and they may not get any back.
A friend of mine saw my video and from experience with the RS version, he doesn't think that it's a RS recoil spring. It may just be an upgraded one...

The customer service representative said if they can't fix the gun, I won't be charged and they will send it back. My main question to this is, if the recoil spring I have in the gun IS an aftermarket spring, will you guys still switch it out or will you leave it in the gun?

Thanks for all the help guys, If you have an idea on what my problem may be based on the video I posted, that would be of great help to me.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: M26, M26c, Problems, How, Much, to, Fix, Repair, Costs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users