• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hebrewhammer

hebrewhammer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 09:52 AM

I have a KWA M1911a1 in which all three mags have broken.  The "toe" section of the baseplates has broken off.  This gun has been out of commission for over a year simply from this issue, which is a shame because I really loved the way this replica handled.  I called customer service and this part is unavailable.  I really don't want to replace them with the same piece as I am not overly impressed with the quality of the material used in the baseplates. Will the mags from any other KWA 1911 work in this pistol?  I noticed some of the other models have "bumpers" on them, could I use these baseplates on my mags?  Any suggestions?

#2 WhiteWhale

WhiteWhale

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Interests:airsoft, real steel, photoshop, videos, gaming

Posted 18 September 2011 - 03:44 PM

I have tried a MK series magazine in my 1911A1 and it will not fit. I don't have an answer to your other questions, but perhaps when the 1911A1 gets "updated" there will be an option.

#3 hebrewhammer

hebrewhammer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 02:08 PM

I'm just wondering if the base plates from the other 1911 series pistols are compatible with my mags.  The bumper on the newer ones would probably solve the issue of them breaking again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users