• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 J man 3

J man 3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:46 PM

Im sorry if my post was a little cryptic what specifically is not understood?

#22 reezo

reezo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 05:48 PM

I bought mine in Italy, it is a KSC branded one but it is exactly the same as far as interiors. SAME EXACT problem. The first magazine I fired at a range with some friends gave me 5-10 shots of "puffing". It was very sad to experience because this gun would have been the gem of GBB pistols, if this did not happen.

Also, when putting the magazine in and giving it a nice one-time slide..often a little bit of gas gets released and it's enough to push a BB, in case it was still in the chamber..this is VERY dangerous even if a lot of precautions are taken..because one would not expect a BB to be fired or gas expelled just by inserting the magazine..

I think I am not going to RMA it or get another one, I will be back to my store and get something else from KWA/KSC probably..some better performer. It is a pity me and my girlfriend were loving this pistol, it has lots of things it shines for, but these problems are literally defects, manufacturing defects although I understand KWA does not want to officially release it as an official product defect - using the big numbers theory might work but - in reality, everyone speaking of your 226 PTP KNOWS of this problem: either experienced it as a previous owner or knows of a friend how has it. This is pragmatic enough for me to know that I might want to stay away from this POS.

#23 chumpsmacky

chumpsmacky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:49 PM

I have had the exact same problem as described above, where the gun seems to tuft lamely every time I try to shoot it. The video in the first post is a perfect example of its behavior. Unfortunately, because I wasn't able to extensively test it during the warranty stage, this issue arose post-warranty period. I know a bit about airsoft guns and I took a look at the firing mechanism recently, and it appears the the problem is possibly caused by one of two things: Number one, the hammer spring is too weak, and the "firing pin" that the hammer strikes is not being impacted with enough force to properly activate the release button located on the magazine. I tried putting a stronger spring in the grip and found that it didn't help much, so I'm inclined to think that is not the issue. The second apparent possibility is that the "firing pin" itself is not being pushed far enough forward towards the magazine that the gas release button is only being pushed partway. This could be because either the hammer OR the pin itself are not capable of stretching all the way to the button to stimulate it. The hammer appears to not be able to reach a full 90° with the slide, and it is more than possible that it is not designed to be so, but that is an observation. I'm out of ideas, and I would love technical help from anybody. KWA, I just want a working pistol, perhaps technicians could look into this and offer advice to customers with this problem? I'm perfectly willing to try to fix it myself, but if someone of professional background could offer advice I would be more than welcome. Thanks

#24 leks1075

leks1075

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:50 AM

First off......I'm no professional.

I did have the same problem on my new Gen M226 though. After replacing the recoil spring w/ a 150% spring it has worked flawlessly since. My recoil spring came w/ a hammer spring ...but, I never installed that. You might wanna try that??

#25 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, photography, cars, computers.

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:48 PM

Im not sure if anyone has actually found a 100% proven solution to this problem unfortunately, but for now, as a few have said earlier in the thread. The easiest way to get it done is to submit a ticket and send it in for repair.
Has anyone tried calling KWA up, asking to speak to a tech, and seeing if they would help you troubleshoot it? Or walk you through a solution?

#26 chumpsmacky

chumpsmacky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:25 PM

View Postleks1075, on 15 August 2012 - 06:50 AM, said:

First off......I'm no professional.

I did have the same problem on my new Gen M226 though. After replacing the recoil spring w/ a 150% spring it has worked flawlessly since. My recoil spring came w/ a hammer spring ...but, I never installed that. You might wanna try that??
Yeah I didn't try getting a completely new spring, but i did put a spacer in there with the spring to make the resistance stronger and that didn't seem to help still. Where did you get that 150% spring? I'll try that

#27 jeb1206

jeb1206

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:30 AM

I am not a gun tech, but I do have a little knowledge. I seemed to fix my 226 by cutting pieces of other hammer springs and in a way putting more tension on the hammer giving it more strength to hit the release valve. I think the design of the hammer is flawed, but that is my personal oppinion. I looked at my hammer and saw that instead of it being straight like on a 1911 or Kjw 266. Its angled and the flopping action is what hits the release valve. I think Kwa should either put stronger springs in the 226 or think about re-designing the hammer.

#28 Huntsman82

Huntsman82

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Rock Climbing, RS Shooting and Tactics Courses

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:41 PM

I put a tokyo Marui 1911 150% spring by Guarder in my 226 and it runs flawlessly now. Still has the annoying floppy hammer but you can't feel it when the gun cycles. The spring has made the recoil extremely crisp and responsive. I actually feel confident enough to skirmish with it now.

#29 metalclash

metalclash

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:11 PM

So I just bought this pistol today and it's firing fine, is this a common problem?

If so, is this what I should buy?

http://www.evike.com...oducts_id=30101

EDIT: My pistol works fine I'm just saying if it does indeed get this problem is this the way to fix it? I maintain my guns VERY thoroughly.

Edited by metalclash, 13 May 2013 - 12:13 PM.

#30 Big Si

Big Si

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:24 PM

Hopefully found the reason guys! It's not the pistol its the mag.
1. Check the knocker valve ( the one which is hit buy the firing pin).
2. If you see a flat spot, turn the valve slightly clock wise til you have a nice clean edge.
Solved.
Why?
The 226 is a training weapon and effectively works as a real one, ie, it has a hammer which strikes a firing pin . However, and , even though the pin is moving in a circular motion downwards toward the knocker valve, it strikes the top, not center of the valve head, which gets damaged through insertion of the mag into the pistol while not cocked . Simply, the firing pin is harder and dings the valve. This results in the impact of the pin on the valve not being strong enough to release enough gas to cycle.
Therefore, simple weapon drills will ensure that this does not happen again , once resolved .
I hope this helps you and kwa have less headaches over what is a Rolls-Royce of a ptp.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users