• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 hebrewhammer

hebrewhammer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 03:35 PM

I have a KWA m17 that is a few years old.  The slide would not cycle when I fired it, just a puft of gas and a weak shot.  Occasionally it would spew all of the gas at once.  I recently replaced parts 19, 20, 23, 27,75, 78, 79,81, 82, 84, and 94, this makes up most of the parts in the hammer assembly.  Initially, the pistol worked fine but about 4 mags in it began to have issues again, failing to cycle and spewing gas.  I tried firing the pistol with no bb's loaded and it worked fine other than the slide stop not engaging.  I believe this means there is not enough gas pressure to cycle the slide properly.  Am  I correct?  Anyone else have a solution?  KWA was out of loading nozzle/gas chamber, rocket valve and spring when I placed my initial order.

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,516 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 16 September 2011 - 03:42 PM

Try this, put a little silicone oil in the hammer assemble and at the trigger transfer bar along the side that rubs the lower frame.  Work it in well.  I think I remember reading where this help with the this issue.

#3 hebrewhammer

hebrewhammer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 09:40 AM

Thanks, I put two mags through it after trying this and it worked.  I won't know for sure until I get a chance to run several mags through it.  Hopefully this solves the problem.

#4 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,877 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 17 September 2011 - 11:57 AM

The parts are new so it may need to wear in a bit to operate smooth and properly. You may have to re-oil occasionally until break in.

#5 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,516 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 17 September 2011 - 06:40 PM

View Posthebrewhammer, on 17 September 2011 - 09:40 AM, said:

Thanks, I put two mags through it after trying this and it worked.  I won't know for sure until I get a chance to run several mags through it.  Hopefully this solves the problem.
Glad it worked.  Now, once it's all running nicely be sure to keep the oiled area clean as the silicone will trap dirt and cause wear.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users